GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the way to G-Force on Saturday cruising about 80. A bike behind was closing the gap very quickly. Went pass me at high speed and as it pass me there came a big explosive bang from it followed by smaller ones like a machine gun!
Never heard anything like it before.

As my window was down, the sound was much louder than it would if it was closed. Nearly gave a heart attack!!

What did biker the do?

·
Registered
57 Posts
weka

either he hit the kill switch for a split second and turned it back on and the unbunt fuel exploded causing a bang,or on shutoff on some of these big bikes with aftermarket/race pipes it will have the same affect.

Every time my mate goes past my house on his 1200 Bandit he hits the kill switch.It rocks the place!!:)

Duncan

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Vincent
If the bike was on the overrun at high RPM it would be the unburnt fuel in the exhaust igniting as Duncan says.
Mine does it when I run Octane Booster quite badly at anything from 8500 to 10500 RPM.
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Kill switch.

I did it all the time on my R1. The longer you leave it the bigger the bang. Difficult to do while doing a stoppie though. :eek:

You could almost take it as an acknowledgement from the biker.

·
Registered
515 Posts
He he

But when "shotgunning" your kill switch you must also follow this technique

1) take your left hand off the grips
2) unzip your leathers as if taking something out
3)then pull out your hand in the shape of a gun
4) find un suspecting target at bus stopor other crouded place
5) then flick the kill switch back on again and shoot!

Hours of endless fun! ;)

I am the kill switch king. Pretty impossible on my old Ducati though. Guess you need carbies!

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts