GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Now I've resigned myself to getting and R35 and wondered what i should look for when looking at 2nd hand models. By this I mean what are the differences between early models and the current 59 reg cars?

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
59 cars most likely to be nav, which also includes ipod connectivity; I can't remember if the brake calipers are painted differently.

Think that is it.

I'd go for a non nav, premium, on around 4k miles

All have soft launch so now worries on that

·
Registered
159 Posts
The latest cars appear to have a different exhaust sound. This possibly means they are equipped with the recently announced higher flow catalysts. These are designed to give improved low and mid range response. This isn't important if you are removing the catalysts, but if you are keeping them, it might be of interest.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"resigned" seems a strange attitude to choosing a new chariot???
Bad choice of phrase, lol. Very much excited and even took my work mates on a long journey to have a peek at one in the flesh.

If only the new cars have Ipod connectivity, does that mean they are the only ones with a built in Hard Disk music system?

Jim

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
All cars, both non-nav and nav, have a HDD that you can burn CD's onto the car.

I confirm that the NAV cars have a louder stock exhaust system.

D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Speaking to Will at Jigsaw re finance options at the mo. Just need to get my current motor sold, lol.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts