GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyones using it and whether its any good?

It's cheaper than cusco or midori arms and can save me about 10kg in rack!!:thumbsup:

Can be seen here for those curious:

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=639{4}432

Cheers. :thumbsup:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I have one that looks like this:

Nissan Skyline Hicas Lock-Out Bar --- Japspeed Performance Parts

However mine is chrome finish. To my mind (as long as they aren't chuffed) the standard arms already have decent bearings and are adjustable so why replace them. I also like the idea of a bar there rather than a bracket.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Thats pretty much exactly like mine, I made it from 1.5mm cromoly tube / very light
Looks factory for those who dont actually know what it is .

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the upside to this is you get to ditch the whole rack (10 - 12kg) and it's a fit and forget item. The joints always suffer from play and i've already replaced one on my car already.

By fitting this it'd leave me in a good position to ditch the rest of the HICAS pipework and replace the PS pump with a R33 and once the engine is out (at some point!) I can get rid of the selonoid etc.

Think i may have to get one.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I think the upside to this is you get to ditch the whole rack (10 - 12kg) and it's a fit and forget item. The joints always suffer from play and i've already replaced one on my car already.

By fitting this it'd leave me in a good position to ditch the rest of the HICAS pipework and replace the PS pump with a R33 and once the engine is out (at some point!) I can get rid of the selonoid etc.

Think i may have to get one.
Not sure it'll make much difference to weight. Mine has no pipwork beyond the enginebay (though the R33 pump sounds like a good idea!).

I've not noticed any play myself but I do plan to replace the bushes in the rear hubs. Will be interested to see what you think of them. Still trying to decide where to go for my arms etc.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cris, Where did you stop the pipes from the engine bay?

If i do get this kit i'm planning on ditching as much of the hicas kit that i can get away with! Any kilo's i can shed is good in my eyes! (though i'm not as hardcore as some! Still like my carpets and electric windows etc!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts