GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm patiently waiting for my car to get here from the motherland.

I Just wanted to know if there are any books any of you could recomment regarding GT-R's, particularly R32's.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

S

·
0 Posts
Cant recommend anything on the Rb26 but Ray Hutton wrote an excellent book called 300zx - the enthusiasts companion.

Can be picked up for around £6 and well worth the read, i would be very interested to know if anyone knows of anything similar for the Skyline.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Rick,

I've been looking for books on the Skyline since I paid for mine about a month ago, its also in transit - or soon to be.

Given the lack of any decent books about the Skyline, I'm tempted to start researching and writing one...

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Senna ( Recognise that username) that is the sort of book I am looking for.
Failing that I will have to wait until DanOH writes a book or learn Japanese.
I have downloaded the Skyline Manual from this site, that seems to be the best thing so far.
If I come across anything I will let use's know.

How you finding it, Senna compared to the Z?

Danoh, when does your car get here?

I'm expecting 8 more weeks for mine.

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Rick,

According to Yuwa Shipping, mine should be at Tilbury on the 18th of October... Could be later though depending on weather and any civil war it may run into.

I've started research this morning (while at work!) looking into the book, I'm pretty sure there is enough I can say to make it worthwhile, it'll be marking the "modern" skylines ie. R32 and upwards, and not just concentrating on the GT-R, covering all bases that the R32, 33 and 34 went through, from GXi upto GT-R V-SpecII.

I'll also be covering the special models, from Nismo (namely the 400R) and Mines (assuming I can get enough information from them). When I get to the R34 stages I'd like to get down to try and see Shin if possible as he has what I believe is a Mines R34 model...

Anyway, thats a long way up the road, this morning I concentrated on the R32 and have quite a bit of basic background material that will fuel further indepth research. Some of you on the forum may well find PM's arriving as I'll be trying to talk to a lot of the big boys (GT-R's) to get information and maybe come take some decent photos.

Good luck with yours Rick, I hope she arrives safely :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
916 Posts
Where can you get the Hyper revs books that keep getting mentioned?

They sound like a good read!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts