GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this may have been asked, I had a quick scan but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any idea how loud in db's my 2009 GTR with Milltek Y pipe and stage 2 map is likely to be?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Res or non res y-pipe? I had a non res y-pipe and oem rear section and it was pretty loud...more than 92db's i think.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a non res y pipe. I was thinking of doing a track day at Bedford and they have a 101db static limit, so was wondering if I'd be close to the limit or not.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I think you be up close to the 100db's but should probably be ok. The non re / stock rear is a great sounding combo but its not quiet:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'm a tad worried now to be honest. Don't want to book it all up and arrive to be told to bugger off!
What options are available do you think without going mad and spoiling the sound to much to hush her up a bit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think dont be worry, i had only willall y-pipe with cobb stage 1 and it was not loud. Now i have added Meisterschaft SUS rear section , and outside it is LOUD , budt inside it is ok. If you drive low rpm you dont wake up all people :D. Y-pipe is a must have on GTR. You will begin smiling. :clap:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have resonated Milltek inc Y and back section, stg 2 and didn't get close,was around 92dB, on two different days last year. I was surprised how low it was actually.
The stock exhaust on Milltek Y is louder IIRC, but I'd be surprised if you hit the static limit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have Litchfield Stage 4 with 90mm (I think) Milltek Sports exhaust.

I was at Bedford last summer and sailed through the static test at 93dBA. Problem was drive-by which I think is 98dBA. I was black-flagged twice. The first time I was told not drive anywhere near another noisy car (especially my mate in another GTR) because the cumulative effect would alert the noise police, and the second time I was told I would have to back-off if I was anywhere near the noise sensors (it was up to me to work out where the were). I was actually quite lucky not get to sent home, which would have been a complete waste of a 500 mile round trip and an overnight stay in a hotel.

Now I do understand that there may be a few pensioners who don't go out to work during the day, who have bought a house near an airfield and expect absolute silence during the day, but I do find it bizarre than they can run track-days there and you can pass a static noise test, but if you drive near someone else they will throw you off?

Don't want to put you off mate but I will be giving Bedford a miss from now on, which is shame because it's a high speed circuit and great for GTRs.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
to loud for Bedford drive by that I know !!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I have Litchfield Stage 4 with 90mm (I think) Milltek Sports exhaust.

I was at Bedford last summer and sailed through the static test at 93dBA. Problem was drive-by which I think is 98dBA. I was black-flagged twice. The first time I was told not drive anywhere near another noisy car (especially my mate in another GTR) because the cumulative effect would alert the noise police, and the second time I was told I would have to back-off if I was anywhere near the noise sensors (it was up to me to work out where the were). I was actually quite lucky not get to sent home, which would have been a complete waste of a 500 mile round trip and an overnight stay in a hotel.

Now I do understand that there may be a few pensioners who don't go out to work during the day, who have bought a house near an airfield and expect absolute silence during the day, but I do find it bizarre than they can run track-days there and you can pass a static noise test, but if you drive near someone else they will throw you off?

Don't want to put you off mate but I will be giving Bedford a miss from now on, which is shame because it's a high speed circuit and great for GTRs.
Drive by at Bedford is 87dBa !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts