GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right this is bugging the hell out of me, any ideas the car is always serviced, and taken care off very well however....

will just give a brief overview, need to resolve this by monday morning..any help appreciated...

GT-R has been holidng back somewhat over the last 10days-2 weeks. I have been driving it everywhere at less than 3,000 revs (i know :nervous: ), but has improved this week., and minimal miles where i can do just to work and back.

couple of occassions it has actually "cut out" on me where the rev's have dropped when nearly stationary.

my bonnet has a vent on the front allowing the water to pour in when its pi$$ed down lately. Closed this / blocked it off and i no longer get problems when it rains however.........

car holds back under load so

put brand new set of Spitfire Coilpacks in this morning

plugs are quite recent (changed in around august time)

holds boost

no obvious sign of boost leak, map sensor pipe looks to be in place (had this problem last time causing it to hold back)

struggles to idle sometimes (idle control valve has been taken apart recently and cleaned etc)

after placing the new coilpacks in, went to have the car washed up/valeted.

was faultless on the way there. after washing (some water got into the engine bay) it started to hold back/pop. pulled over. turned off the car/restarted. after about 15mins of driving felt better, but not given it any beans so to speak.

any ideas what could cause it to hold back?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
what was the problem??

TT

·
Registered
25,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think it was water on some of the electrics, ive taken it for a run today

around town, and full flat out top speed on the m25

no hesitation etc or cut outs,

the earths do need replacing and they will do this weekend, but everything seems in place

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
In case it comes back I'd recommend checking all the earths (heard good things about simply circle earth kits), check ignition system and remove sparkplugs and give 'em a bl00dy good clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts