GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock ECU has 4 inputs from the CAS. 2 for the 120deg position and 2 for the 1deg position.

What is the reason for this? It seems very odd to me..

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
A 34 ECU has only 3, one pair are mirrored, the other is a single input (cant recall which is the duplicate 120 or 1). It is weird for sure.

While on the CAS subject I'd just like to say that one day, should I ever tune an RB26 of my own, I'll immediately be sticking the Nissan CAS in the bin and using a separate Crank/Cam pickup arrangement.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for the Nissan patch on the CAS. After talking to the AEM rep, something smells fish on the nissan side...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Interestingly had a V-Pro car in the other day on an HKS NP5-11 loom, which places the V-Pro direct on the vehicle harness with no other ECU present, true standalone, ran fine with no issues at all. Goes to show that there are other standalone ECUs that dont suffer the trigger/fire-at-random issue of the AEM.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I've said before, the issue is not with the AEM. Computers only process information, if you get inaccurate inputs, you will get incorrect outputs.
I think that HKS have spend more time making an ECU that copes with the CAS than AEM have.

I've heard that AEM are not presuing this issue and will pull the plug on RB26 ECU's.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts