GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was new in May this year and from collecting the car there was an issue with what felt like the equivalent of a broken engine mount on a FWD.

Basically when you lightly accelerate or decelerate at lower speeds there's a delay before it picks up drive followed with a jolt, the diff has way too much backlash which is the cause of this problem.

Nissan had the car and changed the diff fluid when the car had done about 1k, what they pulled out was contaminated and black, changed the oil with new and tested, they agreed it was faulty and needed a box....

A few days later the dealership called to say they needed the car back for further tests, I wasnt too happy seen as the box had already been found faulty and supposedly authorised!

They collected the car which was good as really didn't have time to lose a few hours messing about. They then called to say there isn't actually a fault with the box and they couldn't hear the noise they did before. I explained there was never a noise anyway....

They invited me to drive another car and we arranged a date, I cleared my diary for the afternoon arranged only to be called to say sorry the car isn't here, by this time I was pretty annoyed and told them not to bother calling back when it's available and I'll ring Nissan UK instead.

This has got me precisely nowhere, they still say there's no fault and I need to drive another to compare.

I have obviously driven quite a lot of GTR's, I had a MY10 before this which was perfect. I have driven my brothers only today and that's a 59 plate with about 20k and even that one is perfect, what the hell can I do now as its like banging my head on a wall with Nissan :-(

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If you are a GTROC member I'd suggest contacting one of the team that hold positions of power in the club, they should be able to deal with Nissan UK and reach a sensible conclusion.

Which is preferable and likely to get a better responce from Nissan UK than dragging it out on a forum.

If you have a new MY14 GT-R but have not joined the GTROC, now may be a good time. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing been a trader includes the membership?

The reason for the post on here is simply for advice on where to go now. To be told there's nothing wrong with a car that has a blatant issue is rather annoying!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll go drive the demo car like they want first and see what difference this makes. I just hope something is sorted because right now I really don't like the car and regret getting rid of my old one!

·
Super Moderator
16,270 Posts
I'm guessing been a trader includes the membership?

The reason for the post on here is simply for advice on where to go now. To be told there's nothing wrong with a car that has a blatant issue is rather annoying!
No, the board and club are two different things I am afraid.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've had a MY14 for 2 days, I haven't noticed anything like you have experienced.

When I had an issue my membership served me very, very well. I found the nissan customer service department to be nothing more than more effort on my behalf.

I'll try and replicate your issue myself tomorrow, but it might be just an issue with you car. Which I am sure eventually you will get sorted.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had a MY14 for 2 days, I haven't noticed anything like you have experienced.

When I had an issue my membership served me very, very well. I found the nissan customer service department to be nothing more than more effort on my behalf.

I'll try and replicate your issue myself tomorrow, but it might be just an issue with you car. Which I am sure eventually you will get sorted.
If it's cold then it doesn't do it, once the temp hits about 45 it is there all the time pretty much. It would be good to hear feedback if you can, all you need to do is either accelerate slightly or decelerate at lower speed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have run 400 miles in 3 days so far.

I can't say anything has made me think anything is wrong with it, 5600 on the clock now and was first registered in March.

I will get the car upto the temp you suggested and see if I get an issue like yours.

When you say Jolt could you be a bit more specific? I am thinking is it kind of like the first time you drive a manual and Lurch forward?

Not trying to come across pedantic, just want to help out if I can ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best way to describe it is like a delay when you accelerate or decelerate. Press, delay, thud. Release, delay, thud. You can feel it through the whole drivetrain and seat.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had a short drive out to the shops, took a long detour. I can't say I can replicate your issue, I has tipping the throttle so it barely registered on the gauge and all seems pretty smooth.

Sorry, but hope you get it sorted soon!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.