GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Someone there must have a mobile phone in this day and age :chairshot !

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Don't say that I don't do anything for you blokes...

...word from the guys is, Keith was testing yesterday when his water pump let go at 200+mph which is why he isn't running. It is very hot there today which will effect 1/4 mile times. Fastest so far is Tim in the Duke...9.41.

If I hear anything else, I'll pass it on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
...word from the guys is, Keith was testing yesterday when his water pump let go at 200+mph which is why he isn't running. It is very hot there today which will effect 1/4 mile times. Fastest so far is Tim in the Duke...9.41.
I know the feeling. I was setting the Launch control when my exhaust manifold developed a hole the size of a 50p peice. That was at 5 and boat at 9 so we didn’t have enough time to strip it off and repair it. We tried patching it in place but failed so we had to say we were beaten. I am truly gutted...Also I have let the GTROC team down and am sincerely sorry.

Robbie

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Ive just got back and there was alot of cars breaking due to the heat!! i saw a good dozen cars blow near the top speed finish.

When i left i think 9.48 was the quickest 4wd time from andy forest but yes he blew his manifold off!!

RK car had oil issues i believe.

Ronnies car looked good and i saw him do a 200 mph run :) and he was at 10.1 for his 1/4 so he's very lose to 9's, not sure if he made them

The event again was a little let down by the viewing!! there was about 350 seating area for about 5000 people!? but apart from that a good day, just a shame i had to set off before the end.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
COSSYCam said:
MLR have taken team title again
Simon Norris won overall title
And AA/RAC report record business in the York area
i bet they did, there was 2 cars that had been towed just outside the event waiting for the AA :bawling:

did Hugh get his car running better in the end??

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Latest.

Evos doing well on handling circuit and currently 2 & 3rd in the drag. The Rocket has top speed, 203.9.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Congrats to the MLR then, like the saying goes "to finish first in the race you have to first finish the race". It's a pity as it looked like the GTROC had a really good team this year but it goes to show you how far the Evo's and Scoob have come.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
skyline69_uk said:
Congrats to the MLR then, like the saying goes "to finish first in the race you have to first finish the race". It's a pity as it looked like the GTROC had a really good team this year but it goes to show you how far the Evo's and Scoob have come.
TBH I dont think it was a big surprise that the MLR took the team title.
Congratulations to the MLR.

1 - 20 of 306 Posts