GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running spacers and springs ? If so could I see pictures? And let me know what you,re running :)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Do a search, been through all this before NOT a good idea !!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Because that is what is it there for!

Stress, strain on a car with immense cornering forces :)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Spacers not for me either.....over and above some of the other comments I would also consider the stone chips on the wheel arch if you push the tyres out a bit. Its a thin lip and chips easily.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Because that is what is it there for!

Stress, strain on a car with immense cornering forces :)
Eibachs are fine for this and stand up well on track...Iain fits these because of the proven strength of them...however the cheap ones around I agree are a very dangerous fitment.

My car does look awesome with them fitted

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
If you want a more aggressive stance then I'd personally go for lower offset wheels, if you have to go for spacer just make sure they are hubcentric.

The only risk with spacers is that they can crack, this issue with extra load on the wheel bearings is negligible as its no different than running wheels with lower offsets.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
this issue with extra load on the wheel bearings is negligible as its no different than running wheels with lower offsets.
Except that running lower offset wheels is also bad for the wheel bearings! Just because it's the same as another bad thing doesn't make it ok.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have been using H&R 15 mm spacers front and rear, for 2 years ( 25 track events ) no any sign of cracks.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I have been using H&R 15 mm spacers front and rear, for 2 years ( 25 track events ) no any sign of cracks.
LOL, and the time it does will be too late ! Why risk it ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
LOL, and the time it does will be too late ! Why risk it ?
What risk ? If everything is checked after each track day, no risk if you use good quality spacers. Much better handling, better grip.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Hit the nail on the head.

Both have pro's and cons. it's the end users choice.
Yeah, but it might not be the nail that is being hit on the head if your wheel fly’s off at 100mph !!!!!

Just hope I am not on the same track at the same time!!!!

In 20 years of track days and some professional Rallying, I have seen wheels come off cars and brakes explode and it is not a pretty sight afterwards!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts