GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my car is arriving in April, Black Edition in black, and apparently they come with black rims too, but I haven't seen any pics with those rims on...

Can anybody pont me to some?

Thanks/Gracias

Juanjo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think so.
My car is coming to Switzerland, and I received an e-mail saying that Black Edition cars were all getting the gunmetal alloys except the black one, (mine), which is coming with black alloys.
I have seen pics of black GTRs with silver and gunmetal rims, but not yet in black... so I assume os the OE rim but in black/darker than gunmetal...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hes talking about EU spec black edition that now has black wheels, i'd also like to see some real life pics of this, so far only seen these high res photoshop jobs

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
No offence to anyone who's stuck with a Black Edition, but I am really glad I've downgraded to a Premium Edition now I've seen more pics of the darker wheels.

Saved a useful amount of money too...

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
There are no official Nissan photos of a Black Black edition euro spec car.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
No offence to anyone who's stuck with a Black Edition, but I am really glad I've downgraded to a Premium Edition now I've seen more pics of the darker wheels.

+1

for Black Edition, read 'Halfords' Edition

·
Registered
34 Posts

It is your decision of course...I always liked black cars and this is the only way to get a black GTR. Plus I will have a very unique GTR...everyone seems to downgrade now...;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
i decided to stick with black edition in black. i think when your car arrives you will be chuffed. i dont make decisions on pictures. i wasn't keen on the r35 itself in a picture but when i saw the car at middlehursts i couldn't keep my jaw off the ground! even now i look at some pictures and think it doesn't look quite right but i know in person it's a different story!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I guess it is a matter of taste.

I struggled with the red interior trimming and feel with black alloys, that you loose the definition of the large wheels, given black also makes things look smaller.

I originally had black/black on order, so I am not a total non-believer:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
For me the only colour for this car was black. Really gives it the stealth bomber look but very much a personal choice.
Seeing it at Geneva confirmed my thoughts. The Black wheels I think will give it more of a track focused look and the red interior harks back to the R34 Z tune.

I think the Black edition will be more sought after due to its exclusivity.:cool:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts