GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently ordered for next year,i was just thinking one of my main gripes is rattles i dont want to find it rattley because taking apart a dash will make things worse and make me feel sick! so to all you owners please put my mind at rest.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
just my sunglasses in the holder.

Considering i've had most interior panels off, including the dash, that isnt bad.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I hear rattling from the back, it seems to be that "dinner plates" noise from the gearbox, as I understood, it's normal.
Or, am I wrong??

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I hear rattling from the back, it seems to be that "dinner plates" noise from the gearbox, as I understood, it's normal.
Or, am I wrong??
I've got that, had the door rattle (fixed), gearbox clunks, still ****ing love it :D

All mechanical rattles, no trim rattles as yet, but it wont be long with the way i drive it. ;)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Apparently there is a driver door rattle, but your dealership can sort that out somehow I think.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Yep. Its down to incorrect torque settings on the bolts holding the metal plate which protects the door mechanism.

Easily fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
My door rattle was fixed at 6000 miles is back at 8000:nervous:
Apart from that the car is monumentally epic:clap::thumbsup:

Paul

·
Registered
358 Posts
...just my teeth on cobbles even in comfort... :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a rattle coming from the rear of the car. It sounds like the rear drivers side window, but I'll need to put someone in the back to try and track it down. I'm sure it's easily fixed at the 1,200 service.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Having recently ordered for next year,i was just thinking one of my main gripes is rattles i dont want to find it rattley because taking apart a dash will make things worse and make me feel sick! so to all you owners please put my mind at rest.
There are plenty of mechanical sounds from the drivetrain and gearbox - particularly at idle.

They don't spoil the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts