GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any advantage in going to a later ecu like AEM, Link or Haltech
from my apexi fc on a r32gtr daily driver with 500 whp?
Upgrading turbos to -5s so feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend. Power fc if you already have one would be good and can get good results. Link is not cheap for quoted close to 2k and then it is only as good as the mapper anyway. I would most likely go Syvecs route and so far only person that inspires confidence is Ryan G - will probably cost me bit over 2k.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
i agree with the above but a PFC is also only as good as the mapper

There are differences
the link (and similar) have more options (closed loop , lainch control etc etc ) so if you want these an upgrade is a good idea.

Also it allows better adjustment than a PFC and if it is a basic PFC you can lose the AFMs

Obviouslty this only holds as long as funds permit but if they do I would upgrade.

If you do upgrade the best way (IMHO) is to pick a tuner who maps in house and have a detailed chat about what you are looking to acheive . Then follow his advice about which ECU.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecu

that sounds like good advice , I don't need launch control and have z32s so afm restriction isn't really a problem. It just seems that people are saying the fc is old tech but with limited funds I guess its still up there- just looking for advice either way.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Was tempted to go for the PFC because you see so many cheap second hand ones, but on reflection I think if you can budget one I'd go for a link, simply because it's new tech and has more options if you decide to change thing in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts