GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to Tokyo on business in a couple of weeks, and have a couple of days free to have a look around. My R35 is due for delivery in July, so I figure it must be in various bits at both the Yokohama (engine) and Tochigi (body) factories, and I've discovered that both factories open up to the public...

... have any GTROC members done a factory tour, at either plant? Any advice? Is one better than the other? What do you reckon my chances are of getting the tour guide to find my car (or part of it!) and show me where it's up to?

It's my first time to Japan, so any other Tokyo-related suggestions welcome (sorry if that's rather off-topic!).

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matty

No, I don't... but I do have access to a Japanese-speaker while I'm over there. Whether I can persuade him to come to the factory with me on a Saturday I'm not sure :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try a visit to Autobacs - about 30 min cab ride from central business district - great car accessory shop - a different league to Halfords :)....The Nissan HQ always have a few GTR's on display too....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Prashan - appreciate the recommendation...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts