GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
Has anyone used one of these with the standard shifter?

S15 200sx / R32 / R33 GTR Solid shifter bushing

I replaced mine with a new plastic genuine bush but there is still a little play most notably up and down in the shaft and a tiny bit generally in all other directions.
Was hoping one of these would remove any excess play?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

I've not used a solid shifter bushing, I have however fitted a new nissan oem bush, which has improved the feel, the rest of the slack in the mechanism looked like it was the larger round nylon bush that sits in the housing, could try shimming it maybe to see if it improves.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers I think I will give one a go if that fails I may shim the nylon section that was mentioned cheers guys

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
so quick report of what I noticed.
I double shimmed the knuckle with another circlip as suggested and the gear change is fantastic now, all the play has gone and a very positive feel. I would recommend this for sure.

Regarding the shifter bush there was a noticeable increase in vibrations through the shifter, although I am using a c's weighted shifter knob., whether this would change if you have a standard shifter I cannot be sure.

For me I put the plastic bush back in as although the solid shifter bush did remove a little play it was negligible but I would certainly put another circular clip in above the single one i.e. double shimming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bit of a thread revival!!

I dont suppose you remember the additional circlip size you added do you?

I havent had the chance to measure up what was needed, but was also hoping to do the job all in one go....

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
An update on this, I went ahead and ordered a new circlip from Nissan, and it does fit in after a bit of a fiddle with the circlip pliers.

My first impressions are also very good as above, it feels a lot tighter than before, for a cheap little mod I***8217;m quite happy with the results!

·
Registered
992 Posts
An update on this, I went ahead and ordered a new circlip from Nissan, and it does fit in after a bit of a fiddle with the circlip pliers.

My first impressions are also very good as above, it feels a lot tighter than before, for a cheap little mod I***8217;m quite happy with the results!
Where is the circlip located you speak of mate? I have the Nismo solid shifter and was thinking of doing this all in one hit.

Do also have the PN for the circlip form Nissan?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts