GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking to see if anyone has a V Box or Video V box fitted to their cars?

Looking for feedback on ease of fitting and any issues you have had, tips or tricks to get the most out of it?

Thanks

Regards

ScottyB

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I use a Racelogic Performance Box which is what all the magazines use nowadays (check out the Evo GT-R v Veyron video).

Could not be a lot easier to use: plug it into the cigarette lighter and stick it on the windscreen!

Haven't used all the features yet, but it is a very simple and accurate piece of kit that is very well priced.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a Racelogic Performance Box which is what all the magazines use nowadays (check out the Evo GT-R v Veyron video).

Could not be a lot easier to use: plug it into the cigarette lighter and stick it on the windscreen!

Haven't used all the features yet, but it is a very simple and accurate piece of kit that is very well priced.
Thanks David,

403 Euros is a very good price indeed!

Might be worth my time looking at this and a seperate video set up especially as the video V box comes in at 2593 euros!!!!

(Abroad on business just now so prices being shown in Euros even though i was on the .co.uk site)

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
52 Posts
Forum user "EVO VI" uses the 'Racelogic Performance Box' professionally and is evidently really a long time fan of the product. He has posted several videos here on the forum you might want to look at.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Forum user "EVO VI" uses the 'Racelogic Performance Box' professionally and is evidently really a long time fan of the product. He has posted several videos here on the forum you might want to look at.
You mean the Video V-Box.....:D

Video V.Box is awesome,you can really see whats going wrong.....as you have data and video to controll your driving:thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean the Video V-Box.....:D

Video V.Box is awesome,you can really see whats going wrong.....as you have data and video to controll your driving:thumbsup:
Evo,

Any chance you could take the time to send me a PM or post here for everyones info the install of the Video V Box, is it something which can be fitted and removed in a short period of time?

Can it be left in situ all the time and just turned on when you want to record?

Any help/tips or tricks you can give would be appreciated.

Finally what exact set up do you have e.g. 1 or 2 cameras, with or without watermarks etc, and can you post links to some of the videos you have made with it please.

Thanks in advance

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Here you go:

YouTube - Importracing's Channel

I got the biggest system with no watermarks and a lot of "Can" channels,i normaly use it with the 2 supplied cams,it can be installed in around 5 minutes in the car,very easy,simple.....works great,never had any problems....you can leave it in the car and use it when you want or you can remove it everytime.....its up to you.

You can have the GTR dails for the VVB like in my GTR video...

I got a very nice display for laptimes etc....live in the car,so there is no need for a extra laptimer.....the display is made out of milled alloy....looks the business...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here you go:

I got the biggest system with no watermarks and a lot of "Can" channels,i normaly use it with the 2 supplied cams,it can be installed in around 5 minutes in the car,very easy,simple.....works great,never had any problems....you can leave it in the car and use it when you want or you can remove it everytime.....its up to you.

I got a very nice display for laptimes etc....live in the car,so there is no need for a extra laptimer.....the display is made out of milled alloy....looks the business...:thumbsup:

Evo,

Brilliant and a huge thank you, you are a credit to the forum mate!

Final 2 questions i promise!

The map of the circuit and the laptime display on the video are they all supplied by the Video V box unit or added in by yourself during the editing of the video stage?

Regards

ScottyB

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Here you go:

I was just going to ask you if that was with VDC OFF when I saw your closing credits! :chuckle:

Nice driving, you are Mr Full Throttle.

Have you tried mounting the cam inside the car showing your steering etc?

What resolution are the supplied cams at? I find bullet cam footage painfully bad on a 50" plasma compared to an HD camcorder.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just going to ask you if that was with VDC OFF when I saw your closing credits! :chuckle:

What resolution are the supplied cams at? I find bullet cam footage painfully bad on a 50" plasma compared to an HD camcorder.
Step away from the Credit card David...........:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Nah that's too fancy for me!

I've just ordered a good old fashioned suction mount for my HD camcorder from Fast Films.

Should be able to get some good footage from the GTROC track day at Combe next Saturday! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The map of the circuit and the laptime display on the video are they all supplied by the Video V box unit or added in by yourself during the editing of the video stage?
You have to upload the map of the track and the laptime display befor you use the VVB......you need to create the screen on your laptop and then upload it,if you go to different racetracks,you need to change that from track to track....or you do a universal one without map and laptime....

PS: All the data on the screen is real,GPS speed,revs from the Can system of the car,brake/throttle etc.....nothing is faked:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts

look on my other videos,there is the second cam inside showing the steering etc... The video from the GTR in Hockenheim is bad quality as the cam was outside and it started to rain.....

bulletcams have not the best picturequality,yes,but id say its very good cams supplied with the kit. I like to be flexible with the camera positions.....you should not install a big camcorder outside when going fast on tracks....:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I used bullet cams for my Caterham racing, but I use a camcorder mounted to the rear screen for most of my road car vids.

That one of you in an Evo on the snow is mad! 100km/h next to trees...
Did you have snow tyres?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I used bullet cams for my Caterham racing, but I use a camcorder mounted to the rear screen for most of my road car vids.

That one of you in an Evo on the snow is mad! 100km/h next to trees...
Did you have snow tyres?
Yes,it was done with snow tyres.....

I had even better ones,a lot better ones,but there i had the front camera outside and i collected so much snow that you can just watch it for 1 km....so i have changed cam position and forgot to change cam 1 & 2....snow was nearly away then and it was too later,too many car2 around....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts