GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a Pistonheads Supercar meet on in Cambs between Huntingdon and St.Ives on Sun. Dec. 1st, these are generally well attended with some nice cars turning up, already a couple of GTRs on the list. If the weathers not too bad they are likely to head off for a run round the area and then stop somewhere for lunch. The new McLaren P1 will be there for folks to have a look at.
Full details and the list to add your names is on the Pistonheads forum, in the local areas section and Herts, Beds, Bucks and Cambs sub section. Look forward to seeing a few more GTRs on the list.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yeah, lets see how much snow we will have first tho !!!

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put my name down to make the massive 5 mile trek. Not sure my GT-R will even be warm by then.
I see you've signed up to bring the Merc, comfort over speed?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Looking at the list there is a lot a GT-R's so maybe Merc is more ideal something different, plus roof down on a frosty morning is always nice.

Sleep Hall last time both were in attendance as my father took the SL but parked it around the back.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
The P1's an amazing machine we where very lucky to advise mclaren during pre production on a particular finish for a customer

Full day at the factory was an experience I'll never forget

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick reminder about this, now over 40 cars signed up including several GTRs.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
What? Don't tell me those stunning Bridgies aren't suitable for snow? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
LOL, the last few days the council have been making the roads slippery with rock salt around here, which forms a sweaty sludge over the road, absolute waste of time and money, but even on MPSS the car's been sliding around on the salted roads, absolutely fine when you get on to the ungritted B roads though.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Hey up, looks like I'll be attending. Will be heading down from East Yorkshire if anyone fancies meeting up.

I'll be easy to spot as the GT-R really really needs a clean!!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Hey up, looks like I'll be attending. Will be heading down from East Yorkshire if anyone fancies meeting up.

I'll be easy to spot as the GT-R really really needs a clean!!
Zed, I thought you were going to silverstone? or doing both :)

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Barry you at silverstone next Sunday?
No, I'm at this Pistonheads meet in the morning then going up to do a few photographs at Silverstone in the afternoon (Dec 1st). Next weekend I'm at Rockingham for the Rockingham Rally Stages. I don't do many track days as I get to drive most circuits regularly in my ARDS instructor role, we do have a track prepared Evo 2 which the wife uses occasionlly when the weather is a bit more pleasant. I recently bought a Radical SR3 so will do a few more days next year with that.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Zed, I thought you were going to silverstone? or doing both :)
Ah wrong Zed me thinks....... Could you mean Zed Ed?
Although I did get over to Silverstone later. A big thank you to nurburgringgtr for taking me for a few laps :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: brilliant experience, ta

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Annoyingly only just seen this. I'm only about 30-40 minutes away as well :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts