GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, have just cleared 1500 miles and rattle from rear is getting worse! And it is driving me mad!! Is slightly less noticible in the 2 firmer suspension settings but bad in comfort mode! Have told hpc but they said they cannot source the fault!! And brakes are as squeaky as ever and mostly at slow speeds, have tried lots of high speed braking from high speeds but doesn't have any effect :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
shake rattle and squeak

Funny you said that . I took mine for the 1200 service and mentioned the rattle from the arse end and the squeek from the brakes. The tech advised me it was more like a race car and not a normal car so expect it ??? Any one with suggestions would really appreciate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its all part of the show, sadly.

Im on my 2nd GTR the first was a Jap Import and from day one there was a lot of noise from the backend where the gear box is, especially at low speed, brakes were a little squeeky. The new edition UK spec is the same, so yep from my experience is to just except the jingle jangle:thumbsup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dont drive it - that or put up with the mice in the brakes and the dinner plates in the boot.

Kp

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Upgrade your brakes and turn the stereo up

·
Registered
439 Posts
Funny you said that . I took mine for the 1200 service and mentioned the rattle from the arse end and the squeek from the brakes. The tech advised me it was more like a race car and not a normal car so expect it ??? Any one with suggestions would really appreciate
Sell the Datsun and buy a rattly, unreliable MG SV! :clap:

Whoops you've already done that....

Soon got those miles under your belt Steve - you happy with the GT-R? Or is that a silly question? :)

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Soon got those miles under your belt Steve - you happy with the GT-R? Or is that a silly question?
he loves it but why he waited a year to save 3K on JDM is beyond me:D

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
he loves it but why he waited a year to save 3K on JDM is beyond me

Errr, colour, Brake Kit, I can do what I want with MY car and not have Mr Nissan telling me what i can and can't do, Oh and a decent saving on a UK car price. AND YES, I LOVE IT, BUT NOT SYRE IT'S FASTER THAN BEUT (yet)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love it

I must say Jerry the MG seem well put together (ish ) and I love it for the fact its rare .

The GTR is a different beast and despite the squeeks and rattles I've fallen in love again (just don't tell the wife )

As for buying a uk car I did it for the warranty ??? The deal I had was mind blowing . The px on my Range 3.5 k more than main dealers were offering 12 months tax tracker and auto glym paint treatment with warranty oh and £40 in fuel to get me home !!

All in all feel like a dog with two c**ks In fact a very fast dog with two c**ks
By the way seen inside GTR box today amazing bit of kit . I must say when they go wrong boy it's a mess :D:D

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Timeing wasnt rite Robbie

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts