GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have withing 3 month damaged the bottom of my front splitter twice now. Not the end of the world, but still very annoying! Did anybody try the front splitter from Stillen? Seems an ideal solution? Not as fancy as Carbon Fibre but more fool proof it seems?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks very nice indeed. You didnt paint it? Looks fine as is imho. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
297 Posts
When they arrive, is the colour match slightly off then? If so, very noticably? Cant tell in the pic.

Surely you arnt suppose to paint them as they are very flexible.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they are put over the OEM splitter. Weird indeed that they are paintable but also flexible. Must say that the original grey color aint that bad but maybe painting same color like sideskirts is better looking.

Installing even i can handle it seems ;)

Here is some more info including video of installation.

STILLEN Nissan GT-R R35 Body Components Released : STILLEN

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
you have to paint it

it does jut clip over and few screws to secure

R

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was quoted 440 USD sending cost for a 598 usd piece. Yuck.

·
Registered
26,292 Posts
looks good robbie

we have a few diffusers going out for some people :) as per other GT-Rs i dont think Carbon is the way forward for these as they do get easily damaged, / hit by speed humps etc

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks good robbie

we have a few diffusers going out for some people :) as per other GT-Rs i dont think Carbon is the way forward for these as they do get easily damaged, / hit by speed humps etc
I agree the diffuser too easy to damage. Stillen seems a decent option but sending cost very high. Any other options?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
autoselect is one of the cheapest front lips, but its too agressive for most people. :(
if you lower your car and track it, it may scrape up on the bottom (any lip you want to add underside protection, especially if lowering and tracking).

seibon has had quality, fitment and other issues with there front lip, so its an extreem gamble to choose them plus they copy every other brand, in fact they copied autoselect but deleted the ducts.

c-west has pfrp front lip and it costs just under $600usd. really not great looking but it gets the job done. C-WEST ƒV�[ƒEƒGƒXƒg
nearly 1200 usd for it in carbon

Schmieden Schmieden Front Lip Spoiler for Nissan GT-R | Nissan GT-R News - GTRBlog.com its around 2k give or take.

Ab flug actually have a nice affordable lip with ducts.
This design extends 20mm at the center section for increased downforce. Integrated brake ducts are included as well. it costs just over 2k usd.

Hasemi Motor Sport costs around 1675 usd

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Problem on all US ones gonna be transport cost, guess I will have to bite the bullet and cough up on the huge transport cost.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
dont know about the R35, but had the stillen splitter on my 300zx some years back and it was a quality piece of kit. - received so many good comments about it too.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really decent price as well. Just a bit painful to pay almost same for transport like fou pay for the front splitter. Sadly no European dealer. Will make sense to do a group buy to get transport costs down but doubt this will attract overly much interest.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys, if any of you want to view the installation guide for this front lip, it can be found here:
Installations/FAQ

I hope it helps!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts