GTR Forum banner

Anybody with Jan delivery date? Confused

5K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  RIGGERZ 
#1 ·
Hi all :)

I ordered my car about 13 months ago.

When I emialed the Middlehurst garage last week they said it should be here 10 December maybe a week before but when I actually rang yesterday they said January 10.

Anybody else having same problem or advice?

Many thanks all :)

#4 ·
They won't have any choice but too charge you the extra for the VAT...unless you ask if they would invoice early and you pay by Dec 31 but have a feeling NUK don't allow this.

I would bend someone's ear as you could probably pick up a canclled order this year and avoid the extra 2.5% VAT and get your car quicker.

D

#6 ·
Right well I just rang them up and spoke to a very helpfull guy actually.

He said that he expects it here in Decmember but if not Nissan have agreed to 'cover' the extra for VAT... Failing that he'll simply invoice me this year to avoid it.

just want the bl**dy car now!!! lol

#7 ·
Wasn't there some rumours that early orderers won't be hit by the VAT increase? It seems very unfair for the consumer imo!!

Aren't they obliged to honour the price of the car when you placed the order? I ordered in 2007 before the VAT decrease, my car was scheduled for delivery summer 2010. However, I've been asked if I want the car earlier (in December), but I don't have the funds available yet since we'll be collecting my wife's new car in December. I don't intend to benefit from the decrease in VAT, but I don't see it as being fair that I'll have to fork out extra in 2010 after the increase!! :(

I'm happy to stick with the 17.5% VAT which was when I ordered it.

#8 ·
Does VAT go back up to 17.5%? I heard it might be 19%?

Also I think I read somewhere on here that they dealers cannot invoice you for your car until you take delivery - so it will be the VAT for whenever you get your car? Unless Nissan pick up the difference:eek:?!?

#15 ·
i am in a similar position.
i was told 17th december but foned the dealer last week to see what was happening and he said that i was looking some time in january now. as expected i wasn't very happy with this but what can we do?

i decided then to move it till march to get the new plates. only a few weeks difference.

we are exempt from paying the increased v.a.t as long as you have your name on a car, thats what middlehurst told me. but as the article says few posts above,nissan have moved the v.a.t increase until the end of march. so a win win situation for all who ordered before.

have you been given an actual date for jan? i was told that he didn't have one. i may want to change colour but think maybe too late.

#16 ·
Hello. First post from me.

I ordered my R35 first week in May 2009. I have now been given a delivery date mid January 2010. When I was at the dealer at the weekend to hand in my insurance cover note, I checked about the final balance to be paid at handover.

I was told that I WILL be affected by the VAT increase and WILL pay 17.5% and not the 15% that is on the original order paperwork.

I have asked the dealer to clarify this and I have also sent an e-mail question to Nissan UK customer service.

To be fair, the dealer is checking this out for me and is not sure about the situation. I have not yet had a response to my e-mail to Nissan UK.

So, a question. Has anyone taken delivery of their car since 1st January and paid 15% VAT?

#17 ·
My car is due on the 18th but I have had confirmation verbally that VAT would be held at 15% (and poss on email but would need to check). There was a link somewhere else on the site showing a press release from Nissan showing that they would absorb the VAT increase for any cars ordered in 2009.

Can't help being slightly pee'ed off that you're getting your car so 'soon' as I ordered mine about a year before you!

#18 ·
This is the quote that you are referring to

Nissan’s UK MD, Paul Willcox comments: “The transition from one VAT rate to another has the potential to leave car buyers paying more than they expect when they take delivery.

"To avoid any such problems with a new Nissan, we have decided to take the VAT increase out of the equation. Buyers can add this to the lengthy list of reasons for choosing a new Nissan in 2009.”​

I did mention this to the dealer and he thought that this was only for a subset of models. He did promise to confirm this one way or another.

If it makes you feel any better, you will still get your car before me. I'm scheduled for the 23rd January. I hope the snow melts before you take delivery.

#20 ·
West Way Nissan in Oxford. I have been dealing with Graham there and I have to say that he has been very good over the last couple of months keeping me informed about progress.

I was just taken a bit by surpirise by the possible VAT increase. Ironically, this is exactly the situation mentioned in the quotation from Paul Wilcox.

#21 ·
Good news. I thought I would give Nissan UK customer services a call.

I was told quite clearly that Nissan WILL honour the 15% VAT on the conditions that the car was ordered prior to 31st December 2009 and will be delivered before 31st March 2010.

It seems to me that this is just one of those little misunderstandings that sometimes happens. So, no harm done.

#22 ·
Great, thanks for clearing that up.

Marshalls haven't been that great from my perspective to be honest. My order was delayed a few months for no apparent reason and they have been terrible at returning phone calls. Others have had better experiences though so maybe I've just been unlucky.

#24 ·
I bought a cancelled order in November to collect and pay the balance next week and was told that the 15% would apply I think Snappers absolutely right.
Were there many cancelled orderd cars about to chose from, or did your take a lot of digging out?

#25 ·
yep I had a choice of Red or Gun Metal Grey both canceled orders I chose the Grey Premium edition, it was a couple of months lead time. The guy explained that if the HPC cancel on Nissan they have to pay a few grand so they simply never cancel.

If you are looking and are flexible on colours and trim levels it's worth asking around, good luck!

#28 ·
Sorry to hear about your difficulties JoeJoe.

In my case, I paid 15%.

To be clear, I ordered in May 2009 when VAT was 15%. I took delivery yesterday, 23 January 2010.

Nissan UK informed me that the conditions for the 15% VAT promise are:

1. The car was ordered before 31 December 2009
2. The car will be delivered before 31 March 2010

They did NOT state to me that there was, effectively, a third condition that the car had to be ordered when VAT was at 15% Of course, that was not pertinent in my case.

My advice is to contact Nissan UK customer service directly and get a definitive answer for your specific circumstances.

I found the customer services people helpful and quick to respond to my question.

#32 ·
Hi went into middlehurst on the 4th jan 2010 said any chance of a GT-R. yes mate got silver,gunmetal,black and a few others all black edition. all arrive in the next few day,s/weeks great i'll have the black when can i have it on the 14th sir cheers chris. why such a long order time ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.