GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down there to have a few minor alterations done to mine so thought i'd check if anyone else is about on Friday?:wavey:

Be good to see the SVM team again:clap:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey im headin over on Saturday ..

what time on Friday are you going to be there?
Will be there from around 8:30 & likely be there till at least lunchtime:D

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Next big SVM build on the cards Paul?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next big SVM build on the cards Paul?
Nope, way too scared to go that far:runaway:

Just a couple of upgrades being fitted & then i hope to leave her as is for the rest of the year.:clap:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Spill the beans Paul....

Intakes and injectors I guess......?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Just a couple of upgrades being fitted & then i hope to leave her as is for the rest of the year.:clap:
Might be me having deja vu moment but sure I have heard that before:clap:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spill the beans Paul....

Intakes and injectors I guess......?
Spot on, although i'm debating having the SVM bumper intakes done as well. Like the idea of a whole dollop of extra air forced directly to the new intakes, but not 100% sure on having 2 big holes in my front bumper.

Gonna mull it over tonight & decide tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Yep, I know what you mean. Great idea but unsure of the look.

Shame Stillen never made these for sale..

I've had these in a shot.

BTW what size of injectors you going for? I'm still running stock 570cc (?) and I'm unsure of how much extra you get other than better top end speed.

Maybe KK or Ben can chime in with the benefits of swapping injectors from OEM.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, I know what you mean. Great idea but unsure of the look.

Shame Stillen never made these for sale..

I've had these in a shot.

BTW what size of injectors you going for? I'm still running stock 570cc (?) and I'm unsure of how much extra you get other than better top end speed.

Maybe KK or Ben can chime in with the benefits of swapping injectors from OEM.
Andy, dropped you a reply on text earlier.

I doubt the injectors will make much of a difference, however at higher speeds the OEM ones are restrictive & at speeds over 140mph this can be a weakspot. That said i don't drive around at over 140mph very often, however i do like VMAX events (attending next weekend) & hope to be knocking on the door of 190mph at Brunters so decided upgrading the injectors was a good insurance policy:)

Did a Cobb datalog a few weeks ago & on the 4th gear pull the restrictive nature of the OEM injectors at higher speeds was spotted on the logs.

As above, likely not required until heading over 650bhp (is part of the SVM 650R) but with the GTC intakes & SVM bumper intakes, chances are i'll be around the 620+ mark so better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
& what he said:thumbsup:

Better to be safe than sorry me thinks:runaway:

Catch you on Friday Ben, can't wait for even bigger grins:D

as i type just been etuning a GTR in Germany with our intakes and latest filters really pleased with them, follows the oem maf curve nicely and good air flow.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
R35 GTR Arrives

This morning as planned Paul arrived in his R35 to have a few upgrades installed.....

and the work begins ......

Front Bumper Intakes - The SVM Signature !! (so we keep getting told ..lol)

Air Filters in ......

Upgraded Injectors being installed

mmmmmmmmm Tasty

Come on John ....... Put you back into it ....again ....lol

SVM would like to thank Paul for his custom, It was a pleasure dealing with him and we wish him a safe and enjoyable drive home...

Regards

KK & Team (Amar,John & Gavin)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, many thanks for yet another top quality install by SVM. So so pleased with the results, the car does feel more urgent & is pulling even stronger. Logs on their way to the maestro as i type.

It's now hard to decide which sound i like the most given we have the addition of Intake noise. This new sound along with the spooling turbos & GTC Titan make for an aural extravaganza:)

Will be back soon for one of your DRL options & am going to mull over the downpipes to complete the 650R. Perversely i think i want the sticker & engine badge;)

Have a great weekend & it was a pleasure dealing with you all at SVM & i'll be back very soon.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Guys, many thanks for yet another top quality install by SVM. So so pleased with the results, the car does feel more urgent & is pulling even stronger. Logs on their way to the maestro as i type.

It's now hard to decide which sound i like the most given we have the addition of Intake noise. This new sound along with the spooling turbos & GTC Titan make for an aural extravaganza:)

Will be back soon for one of your DRL options & am going to mull over the downpipes to complete the 650R. Perversely i think i want the sticker & engine badge;)

Have a great weekend & it was a pleasure dealing with you all at SVM & i'll be back very soon.

v4 back at ya :)

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
yes as the car settles down.you wil find she will improve even more

i felt she required a little more ignition and a little extra boost from my test drive.. i normally spend a little more time , but you had to dash
im 100% sure your going to love her after benji has returned the map from the logs
pls stay in touch kk

let me know about the day light running lights..oem type or the angel eye options,,,,also ill save you a set of down pipes and have them wrapped for you
ready and waiting lol

ps did you like ironbridge?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes as the car settles down.you wil find she will improve even more

i felt she required a little more ignition and a little extra boost from my test drive.. i normally spend a little more time , but you had to dash
im 100% sure your going to love her after benji has returned the map from the logs
pls stay in touch kk

let me know about the day light running lights..oem type or the angel eye options,,,,also ill save you a set of down pipes and have them wrapped for you
ready and waiting lol

ps did you like ironbridge?
Will do as i'll defo be back soon & sorry i had to dash but needed to leg it over to Sheffield & then back home & onto North Wales.

As a slight aside, had a pax in my car for the Sheffield - home journey & we went over the Pennines (open road). He has a 450bhp (was 520bhp) B5 RS4 & a 550BHP C5 RS6 & guess what???? he's asked me to keep my eyes peeled as he now wants a GT-R asap:clap: Having experienced mine he said no way he's going head to head at The Ring & Spa unless he has the same car as nothing else could come close.

Ironbridge was really pretty, nice couple of hours given i'd never been before.

Sent you a seperate email regarding DRL's & downpipes.

Thanks again:clap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts