GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

just wondering if any forumers on the eastern side of the globe will be going to the NISMO festival this coming december 1st?

I will hopefully be making the trip myself, and would be glad to see some other English Speakers there!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great

I will be there first thing, along with the wife and son. We would like to meet up at some point during the day, if possible, with any forumers who can attend!

Had a great time there last year. Does anyone know if they are likely to have the new R35 GTR on display?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
First Thing :eek:

Gates open at 4:00 am you know ?

Will be nice to see you there.
I doubt they'll have a 'realistic' new GT-R, but the concept is almost certain to be there.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Dino,

yep - see you there - with some company.

I know the events start at 9 but the car park opens at 4 :eek:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I'll definitely be there. Should be a blast. It will be nice to meet up with a few of the forum members.

Cya O!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The NISMO festival is held every year (as far as I know) at the Fuji Internation Speedway, not far from Mt. Fuji, Japan. Its basically a big meeting place for all Skyline, Nissan (and motorsports in general) enthusiasts.

The events is nothing short of HUGE, attracting fans from all accross Japan and abroad. In the parking lots you'll find more skylines than you could shake a dozen sticks out, plus loads of just about every other nissan sports car.

Its an event not to be missed! If you want more info, check out the link posted above.

I am looking forward to it. Hope to see some other forumers there. Anyone want to arrange a meeting place/time?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DCD

No,

Fortunately I live in Yamanashi - basically on the other side of Fuji. Normally takes about 60 mins to get from Kofu to Gotemba, though the traffic around the Fuji Five lakes area will probably slow me down.

I'm aiming to be there just before 9AM.

See you there!

Dave

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK

OK, will do.

We shouldn't be do hard to spot! Have a way of "sticking out" us gaijins eh...

I'll be driving my black GTS, which I reckon will be a great contender for "The Slowest Skyline At The Event Award"

being as how I've only got 2 litres and no turbos to speak of!!!

I felt a bit out of place last year, when I parked between 9 GTR's in the car park!

Still, it says "Skyline" on the back, so I guess I qualify for something!

See ya there!

Dave

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, I was there!

Hi,

Yeah, I went, despite the rain. Don't know what happened about that, the forcast said it was gonna be cloudy. Great day out though! I was on the look out for you, but couldn't find. There were so many people there, despite the weather, but I didn't seen any other Gaijins save for a young group of (French?) boys hanging around the pit lane...

The car park was as amazing as ever, don't think I have ever seen so many GTR's in one place. That said, as far as I could tell, my GTS non turbo was about the only one there!

Well, it was a shame we weren't able to meet up this time. Will be going to next years Festival and I heard that the motorshow is coming up in Tokyo this January? Definitely interested in attending!

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
T.A.S.

Amazingly wet, and a real shame about the Tuner's Battle, but still very enjoyable.

Tokyo Auto Salon is in January (10th is the best day to go) with the Tokyo Motor Show at the beginning of November.

If you decide to go to TAS let us know and we'll arrange somewhere to meet.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
That is too bad:( I was very busy taking pictures, so had little time to hang around...

Can't make the TAS but we should organize something else to do soon!

I just uploaded a few pictures to my site. I still have to sort out and fix 600Mb of pics so there will be many, many more in the next 2-3 days:

http://kickme.to/kinetiko

(BTW: I fell in love with the 350Z....damn what A car!!!)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Tokyo Auto Salon Sounds Great!

Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to get time off work so soon after returning from the new years vacation...

So I might have to wait till the weekend. (11th or 12th Jan)

How long is the show on for?

Dino, you're right! It would be good to organise some kind of "eastern Side" meeting in the future - Tokyo isn't that far for me (from Yamanashi) and I am sure there are other Japanese residents on the board who'd be interested in meeting up sometime.

Cheers

Dave

:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts