GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if anyone has got more cash than sense and bought one of these *DULL* Consoles for the Stupidly inflated price of £299 I have some bad news... As from the 26th Of April It is going to be £199:(

Not All Bad though... If you go to the UK XBOX Website you can claim... 2 Games and a Genuine Controller FREE!!! :D

Who said Microsoft Was All Bad? Oh that was me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
X box

Yes I am completely Stupid as per my previous thread, I bought one for the full price and some games. I am into the X box for about £ 500 and have played it for about 2 hours which was the day I bought it.

Just cant be bothered playing it.

So, yes - more money than sense.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Microsoft Press Release

A big Thank You to all Xbox gamers!

If games are the food of life then if you bought your Xbox before 26th April 2002 prepare for a feast! As you may have read Xbox is coming down in price in the UK to a recommended street price of £199. As a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who bought an Xbox before 26th April we are offering, until 1st July 2002, the chance for you to get 2 games and an Xbox Controller for FREE! That means you could be playing games like Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Oddworld or Dead or Alive 3 amongst other great games for free! We are looking to extend the list of games on offer so if you can wait then we'd recommend you check back on this site on April 26th for the full list of games.

So, what do you need to do?

It's very simple. Just download this application form, complete the required details (address, name, games I want, etc.) and email it to [email protected]. The only qualifying factor is that you bought your Xbox in one of the 16 European launch countries before the 26th April 2002. That's it! We hope you enjoy this opportunity to play more of the great games Xbox has to offer.

We hope you continue to enjoy the Xbox experience whether it be fragging in Halo, kicking & punching in Dead or Alive 3 or fighting that over steer in Rallisport Challenge!

Enjoy!

Download Application Form

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
At least they made a goodwill gesture, which is something I suppose.

I bought a PS2 shortly after it came out when it was about £400, and less than a year later you get them free in packs of Kellogg's Cornflakes. And what did I get for my troubles? Sweet F.A.

So, good on Microsoft.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.... I said i was not going to buy one but this deal is tooo Sweeet To miss... I have had one in my shop since release without any interest... But now i have emailed MS and ordered my new games and extra pad and although i paid £280 (Trade) for it i have now basically got £35 Quid off... £199+£44.99+£44.99+£24.99-£280...:D Jim Thinks I am mad... Well i guess i am...:D But he still wants to play Halo...;)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Vennuth

Nah, not sellin it, quite happy for it to be sitting in the box until I get around to playing it.

Will keep it for those times when I am at home ill with flu or sommit and nought to do.

The thing owes me £ 500 for the two games and a controller I bought, doh, of well, you live and learn:)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I heard a rumour that PS2 was due to drop to £135 in April... Its not happened yet though and X - Box hasn't had a very successful launch, I suspect that games prices haven't helped.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Durzel said:
ZXSpectrum: Where did you find this press release? My boss is looking for it :)
Go to www.xbox.com then on the right had side choose United Kingdom then it should be on the right if not refresh the page...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts