GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above

Has anyone here bought turbo's from Nengun? If so did you get stung for import tax.

I've bought smaller stuff from them and been lucky enough to have it come through without customs adding tax etc...

I assume as the box would be a lot larger and have a higher declared value I'd get hit with import tax....

Am thinking of getting HKS GT-SS and there's are a very good price...:D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yes a mate of mine bought some 2530 from them 4 weeks ago, he got them to put them down as used parts and came straight through. Hope this helps.

Graham

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MartinC said:
How good a price, as I have a set of HKS GT-SS in Watford.
They are £1166 plus delivery which works out at about £1350 all in, although obviously does'nt include tax. Actuators and full fitting kit included.....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have ordered parts from nengun in the past

No tax as of yet

I just asked them to send the items as a gift with minimal value

They arrived in an old HP Printer box appx 2ft square

You will get charged 37.5% plus a £7.99 charge for the vat payment on your behalf(if you get caught)

Still most probably cheaper than in the UK...worth the risk if you ask me ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
whoflungdung said:
You will get charged 37.5% plus a £7.99 charge for the vat payment on your behalf
I thought car parts duty was 4%, on top of which you'll pay 17.5% VAT, which makes 1.04 x 1.175 = 1.222 or 22% of the total value.

You can find the TARIC tariff calculator here:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/dds/cgi-bin/tarduty?ProdLine=80&Type=0&Action=1&Lang=EN&SimDate=20060225&YesNo=1&Indent=-1&Flag=1&Test=tarduty&Periodic=0&Download=0&Taric=8708999890&Country=JP/0732&Day=25&Month=02&Year=2006

I'm guessing that the code should be 8708999890 which is for general 'other' car parts - this would actually be 3.5% duty.

Am I missing something?

I agree you may get charged an 'administration' charge on top of this (the £7.99).

Fox
---

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
sleepyfox said:
I thought car parts duty was 4%, on top of which you'll pay 17.5% VAT, which makes 1.04 x 1.175 = 1.222 or 22% of the total value.

You can find the TARIC tariff calculator here:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/dds/cgi-bin/tarduty?ProdLine=80&Type=0&Action=1&Lang=EN&SimDate=20060225&YesNo=1&Indent=-1&Flag=1&Test=tarduty&Periodic=0&Download=0&Taric=8708999890&Country=JP/0732&Day=25&Month=02&Year=2006

I'm guessing that the code should be 8708999890 which is for general 'other' car parts - this would actually be 3.5% duty.

Am I missing something?

I agree you may get charged an 'administration' charge on top of this (the £7.99).

Fox
---
You may be right...as i said in my thread :confused:

I have not paid any tax yet...not on car parts

I ordered some clothes from the U.S. it was 20%+17.5%+£7.99

So maybe the charges are different for car parts, although I doubt it

And I hope I don't find out! :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
whoflungdung said:
You may be right...as i said in my thread :confused:

I have not paid any tax yet...not on car parts

I ordered some clothes from the U.S. it was 20%+17.5%+£7.99

So maybe the charges are different for car parts, although I doubt it

And I hope I don't find out! :D
Curious, looking for Clothing from the USA I assumed a waterproof and got:
----
TARIC code 6201131090
Country of origin/destination United States of America - US (400)
6201 Men's or boys' overcoats, car coats, capes, cloaks, anoraks (including ski jackets), windcheaters, wind-jackets and similar articles, other than those of heading 6203
- 6201 11 Overcoats, raincoats, car coats, capes, cloaks and similar articles
- - 6201 13 Of man-made fibres
- - - 6201 13 10 Of a weight, per garment, not exceeding 1 kg
- - - - 6201 13 10 10 Parkas
- - - - 6201 13 10 90 Other

Nomenclature group(s) Textile category 14

Import

Third country duty : 12 %

----
From this page:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/dds/cgi-bin/tarduty?Taric=6201131090&SimDate=20060225&Action=1&ProdLine=80&Country=US/0400&Type=0&Action=1&YesNo=1&Indent=-1&Flag=1&Test=tarduty&Periodic=0&Download=0&Lang=EN&Description=yes

Looks like you were done if they charged you 20%!

I'd ask for a refund.

Fox
---

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've had quite a few shipments from Nengun, and I've never paid import tax yet..
Just ask Brent to send them as a gift, a commercial sample, second hand parts or declare the value as much lower than it actually is... There is a risk of getting caught though, a guy I know who used to work for costoms told me that packages marked in this manner do get checked, however due to the sheer volume of items coming in they simply can't inspect anthing like all of them, their gereral policy is to randomly remove say every 100th package and check it out, and while your average customs inspector might not be a mechanical genius, they will know that a brand new set of turbos are worth alot more than the declared £50!!! Also if you are getting a package regularly, say every week or 2 that will get picked up also... However, if like myself you only get one every few months, the chances of getting caught are pretty slim!!! Go for it, well worth the risk in my opinion!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
problem with delcaring a low value is if you buy some turbos for £1500 but only value tham at £50 for taxes, if something happens or they get lost you will only get the £50 value you put down in first place.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
I wouldnt say that on a public forum .. A mate started bragging about how he got around customs...

Customs police were knocking on his door few mornings later.

Problem is with these forums you dont know who is who and who is a grass

I wouldnt trust no one!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ordered a set of Tein coilovers from Nengun a few weeks ago. Checked the EMS tracking service and found my parcel has been retained by customs due to improper invoice?? Haven't got a clue what happens next or when ill get my parts? Anybody shed any light as to how i go about getting my parts?:(

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers everyone for the advice and opinions....

I found a set of uprated steel internal turbo's yesterday which I've decided to have instead. Less than half the cost of the HKS and have been recently rebuilt.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts