GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until today, I've only ever seen Black Edition or Premium Spec GT-Rs, but Dick Lovett have a base model for sale (£55k for a 1600 miler which seems high).

Only obvious difference is the lack of Bose badging and different grills for the rear subwoofers.

Would be interested to know how many were sold relative to the other two specs and what the main differences were.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I didn't buy one, but the only other differences (other than the Bose system) were no auto-lights or auto-wipers AFAIK.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Surely I can't be the only one to have bought a base edition....

As far as I remember the differences were auto sensing wipers, auto headlights and auto dipping rear mirror (all of which I've had on other cars and never used or hated (auto dipping rear mirror on an M5 that you can't turn off)...and The Bose system.

Was a bit relieved when I heard the base stereo for the first time...IMHO it's fine - good enough for me, anyway. The Bose seems to have had some negative reports anyway.

Price (excluding first registration and road tax) 51329 Earth Pounds...

Very happy with the "poverty spec" choice

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a Premium Edition with Sat/Nav on order for 2010 (at Pre increase price) but as Cars are now available due to cancellations I picked up a UMS Base model last week as I just couldn’t wait (not cancelled the Sat/Nav Car) And I'm glad I did what a fantastic Car :D

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
best value to be had with lower spec cars

I use the radio, the pedals and the paddles in my car, and that's it!

can't remember when I last looked at the MFD

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
over a year ago when I orderd mine from Japan ,just looked at the colours and prices and went for the best option for me ,ok it was a Black edition but i was not botherd one bit if it was base model, all I wanted was smoked wheels and the right colour and that was it :)

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Which model did you get Rob?
a base with everything on, dark wheels, auto lights, footwheel lights, driving lights, reversing camera, etc

no heated seats, no red stripes and no bose

when I was ordering you had to have red strips to get dark wheels.... unless you did it the my way.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
over a year ago when I orderd mine from Japan ,just looked at the colours and prices and went for the best option for me ,ok it was a Black edition but i was not botherd one bit if it was base model, all I wanted was smoked wheels and the right colour and that was it :)
When i ordered mine in April 2008, i wanted the darker wheels and thought the integrated Sat Nav would be a nice to have, and give me time to sort out finances, so went with Black Ed with Sat Nav. and Sept. Delivery

I was going to switch to a Premium Edition when the news that PE got the original darker wheels of the Black Ed. But by that time there was an upcharge for Silver (my 2nd choice colour) which i didn't want to pay..
Although i like the other colours i preferred Black which you have to get the Black Ed for.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have base model in Silver - difference was less speakers , no auto lights and no dipping rear mirror - I spec'd base cos I did'nt need any of these and the car also ends up lighter...a win win situ!!!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would be interesting to know how much less a base spec weighs. Black Edition was 1741kg when Autocar/Evo weighed it. Are the seats trimmed the same?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
as I have options I'm not sure, look the same as the premium.

the 08 base model set the original nur time 2 early times, the Euro time has Nismo wheels....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts