GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the Z-Tune carbon bonnet from them for the R33, but never bought anything from abroad before :confused:

Don't want to get f***ed royally as it is pretty £££.

www.nismo.com.au

Faz

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know a few people that have dealt with them....

Never heard anything thats bad. Your looking at the 33 GTR i assume?

BTW is that pricey for you i mean your exchange rate is like $1au buys like 1/3 of your £'s

Going over there is a rediculously pricey trip!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
have you tried gary @ japsalon Faz? He can get most bonetts etc and makes them and will fit for free usually, top guy, let me know if you want his details

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AHSIRT2 said:
I know a few people that have dealt with them....

Never heard anything thats bad. Your looking at the 33 GTR i assume?

BTW is that pricey for you i mean your exchange rate is like $1au buys like 1/3 of your £'s

Going over there is a rediculously pricey trip!
Would want it shipped. $1195 AUS DOLLARS = £478 GBP thats cheeeeeep!

Do you know if they ship abroad?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cardiff R33 said:
have you tried gary @ japsalon Faz? He can get most bonetts etc and makes them and will fit for free usually, top guy, let me know if you want his details
Yep just ordered set of Original Top Secret Skirts off of Gary. If i can't get this CF Z-Tune bonnet from Aus then i'll get the one he's doing in fibreglass.

And yes, Gary is a top top guy...really helpful and spends time getting what you want. Lovely guy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They should do!

I used to work for www.vivagarage.com (website has not been updated for ages!)

We had quite a few orders from the UK, so they should also... Just email Unique and take it from there.

I might drop into the guys at Viva and see if they have anything like your looking for.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AHSIRT2 said:
They should do!

I used to work for www.vivagarage.com (website has not been updated for ages!)

We had quite a few orders from the UK, so they should also... Just email Unique and take it from there.

I might drop into the guys at Viva and see if they have anything like your looking for.
Thanks mate.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
couple of people have been telling me to ship anything from Australia will prob cost an arm and a leg eg. price of bonnet will be less than the shipping!

Skyit-how was your shipping?

·
Registered
717 Posts
i have not had things the size of a bonnet before shipped from aus, but i have had suspension, turbos etc etc and had an engine shipped from NZ by sea and only cost £150!!!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
to add i found that unique auto's shipping was more than reasonable unless it was for smaller light weight goods when some times the shipping did exceed the cost of the parts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
skykit said:
to add i found that unique auto's shipping was more than reasonable unless it was for smaller light weight goods when some times the shipping did exceed the cost of the parts
so all being well...a bonnet should be no problem?

·
Registered
717 Posts
i would expect by sea freight it to cost no more than £150 - £190 ish absolute max...maybe less.

Ask them to quote and if they are not brilliant try using bax global and they can do the pick up etc from them...may work out cheaper that way

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
skykit said:
i would expect by sea freight it to cost no more than £150 - £190 ish absolute max...maybe less.

Ask them to quote and if they are not brilliant try using bax global and they can do the pick up etc from them...may work out cheaper that way
what about customs etc.?

sorry, but never bought from abroad!

·
Registered
717 Posts
you can ask them to mark the price down for you so you dont pay as much, just remember that it wont be insured for as much also.

Customs and charges are duty and vat and work on the rough figure of 30% on top and your about right

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
got my front bumper from them, shipping was VERY expensive but the quality was excelent

1 - 20 of 21 Posts