GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Oh I might need a run out tomorrow if I have time. You going I assume Daz? Will ask Miskin too. Will need to get her washed before I head over for full sunshine Purple goodness.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be there yes Rog. Will be great to see you again and also the new motor!!

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Having her washed. See you there. Think Miskin might pop in too. Wont be able to stay all afternoon as have BBQ myself in evening but be good for her first outing and impromptu mini tour reunion.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to see you Rog and Papa Smurf again The Spec V's looking lovely. I'll get that video burned and send you a disc :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great day Chris. Nice little run out. Good to see such a decent turnout :thumbsup:

Drop me a PM on Monday and I'll get the battery paid for :)

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Great meet up and fabulous hospitality - thanks Chris and team/family.

Good spin out....once we went the right way ;-)

Thanks Daz. Good to see you!

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Great meet up today, fabulous sausages and burgers, good run the countryside and to meet your extended family Chris - well done for organising.

Next time we will promote the event in the correct events section and get an even bigger turnout!

Rog, your car looked as good as the pictures if not more so and you will need to secure those front seats or they might get 'Smurfed'

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Seats are alllll mine - cuddled by carbon ;-)

Be interesting to see how Spec V fares against a stock 09/10, 11 and 13 as it really doesn't feel 485. Iain - get your dyno ready!!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Seats are alllll mine - cuddled by carbon ;-)

Be interesting to see how Spec V fares against a stock 09/10, 11 and 13 as it really doesn't feel 485. Iain - get your dyno ready!!!
It will be interesting. Obviously yesterday we weren't at ten tenths nor racing / timing so neither can judge how hard we were pushing the car comparatively but the Spec V seemed quick enough. If the power and torque is near reported levels, I guess much of the gain will be from the 32kg unsprung mass reduction and that possibly opens up different options for people with standard cars who want to track theirs who are thinking about serious modifications - spend £££s on Stage 5 mods or similar £££s on CC brakes & lightweight wheels, with all the handling advantages that the weight loss also gives.

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Edited to add: And yes, those seats are fantastic!

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
It will be interesting. Obviously yesterday we weren't at ten tenths nor racing / timing so neither can judge how hard we were pushing the car comparatively but the Spec V seemed quick enough. If the power and torque is near reported levels, I guess much of the gain will be from the 32kg unsprung mass reduction and that possibly opens up different options for people with standard cars who want to track theirs who are thinking about serious modifications - spend £££s on Stage 5 mods or similar £££s on CC brakes & lightweight wheels, with all the handling advantages that the weight loss also gives.

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Edited to add: And yes, those seats are fantastic!
Agreed, 80kg less weight total (not at moment as I found that I still had the seats in the boot haha). Turn in, feel through corners and general handling is in a different world to standard MY10. No diving forward under braking and stays totally stable even when really hauling it down.

Will be interesting when we get to dyno it on same day against benchmark cars.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
LOL was rebuilding a shed NO, not my car all weekend, started with the roof and then found cos the roof was leaking the floor was rotten and I had to replace all of it etc etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts