GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the factory BOSE is a bit crap, but phone calls are really very quiet. I've been through the menus and increased bluetooth volume on iphone as well, but I can't hear people unless the car is idling, not driving.

Just wondering if there's a software update which can be applied DIY, or at Nissan?

Car is 2012MY

Ta

·
Vendor
6,199 Posts
Have you tried to turn the volume up on the phone during a call when connected to the Bluetooth in the car, also try it in any other vehicle you may have access to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is exactly the same very quiet in comparison to phone kits in other cars. The actual reception isn***8217;t great either. Just assumed it was one of those bad traits of the car...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried to turn the volume up on the phone during a call when connected to the Bluetooth in the car, also try it in any other vehicle you may have access to.
6 vehicles, all of them are acceptable. One of them has a louder exhaust, phone's still audible below 9000rpm (!)

The GTR is by far the worst BOSE implementation and worse than the RS6, which is why I've ordered B&O in my new one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is exactly the same very quiet in comparison to phone kits in other cars. The actual reception isn***8217;t great either. Just assumed it was one of those bad traits of the car...
The reception is likely to be the build of the car, it's mainly big metal panels and all steel, small glass bits (windows). Why didn't we keep with those old Nokias that would last 21 days on standby and had a proper mechanical aerial in the Nokia car kit? :smokin:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have a look on the forum there were cases where the microphone had to be moved from one side to the other in the front interior light unit in the headlining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts