GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well they look ok, but they do not say they are Brembo discs and the technical description is totally pants.

The idea is good to make a bell/rotor kit for the R33 Brembo set up, but i would expect that these are cheap Asian units and i would be wary.

Eddy

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
They're not brembos, and it doesn't say they are. I'd also be interested if anyone has any comments, but I'm not expecting much tbh.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
If I had Brembos I'd be temped to give them a try. There's no reason why they shouldn't (or perhaps couldn't) be as good as the stock items but lighter. From what I've seen on my recently bought radiator the work is pretty good but not premium (ie the odd rough edge and item to sort out). If we were talking about the missus' Micra I'd give them a punt. On a heavy, fast car brakes are a little more stressed so I'm not sure I'd be so keen. I suppose you could always salvage the bells...

FWIW they seem to sell exactly the same discs for the Supra, Evo and R33/34.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I was going to buy these myself - i do have a pretty much standard 33 GTR though so dont need anything AP-like for quick stopping.

but ive decided to buy these instead:

**Skyline R33 R34 GTR Performance Brake Discs FRONT** on eBay (end time 26-Aug-09 11:28:42 BST)

Getting them fitted with Mintek 1144 pads this sat, and i`ll report back with feedback too :)
I've seen these fellows before (they do upgrade kits too). Look like a UK outfit so you should have more security on the off chance that they are pony.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've seen these fellows before (they do upgrade kits too). Look like a UK outfit so you should have more security on the off chance that they are pony.

Yep, UK based as the guys name is "Kev", plus ive spoke and is an english accent lol.

I think these will be fine IMHO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, thanks for your responses. I asked as im putting R33 GTR brembos, master cylinder, servo etc on my S14 Silvia. I understand that discs with seperate bells help to reduce warping, as there is more unifrom heatbuild up on the more regularly shaped steel disc. Think im gonna order these and try them. The Silvias lighter than a R33 so they'll probably be fine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Gents,

Its been a while since i said id put these on my car.... mainly because o lost the lock & wheel key..... in the passenger door it ended up....

However, just fitted these tonight, with the new Mintex pads and after bedding them in, i must say seem extremley good. braking is solid and quick, no juddering or fade. I'd defo recommend them for people looking to have a slight upgrade.

worth the money :bowdown1:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Cool; please post up after you've put a load of miles on them!

I ended up going for a set of OE ones when I discovered my front ones were totally shot (the outside was fine, but the inside looked like this...):

Seems the 'inside' pads were binding on the steel insert as there was some alloy corrosion underneath. Luckily the steel bits came off okay so I could rectify the problem and fit new pads properly. :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
ru',

Mine werent that bad on the inside lol, however they were shot and an almost coal like gathering of duct on the inside. chissled away thought and all is well.

I`ll keep you updated when ive done a few miles in them and feed back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Cool :D

You can imagine how gutted I was to see the inside disk face (and the inside pad) - no wonder braking wasn't up to much!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts