GTR Forum banner

Anyone free Saturday night?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Gold Digger 
#1 ·
This weekend, the Sumida river fireworks are going on and my wife's family is going and asked if I wanted to go. I do want to go, and so do the boys, but the wife isn't going because she's going to be delivering out newest baby on the 27th and wants to relax over the weekend.

So, I am looking for anyone who wants to go, drink beer and see some fireworks.

We'll be somewhat near Asauksa station on the JR side, I believe, but I can find out for sure.

I don't want to go if I am going to be the only one that speaks English. It will only be 1000 yen if you come, but the beer/alcohol is pretty much unlimited. Always enough to drink.

Lemme know by Thursday/Friday if possible.

#4 · (Edited)
You don't know me or my wife, so don't be so quick to judge me.

I said the wife wants to relax over the weekend, so me taking the boys to the fireworks with her family lets her relax at home in peace in quiet before spending 10 borring ass days in the hospital.

BIG.SMOKE said:
I hope that your wife has asked you to leave her alone straight after she has had your child. Otherwise that makes a complete jackass (I toned that word down for you BTW)
And if you would have read the post...the fireworks are on Saturday (the 25th), baby comes on the 27th. Who looks the jackass now, chief?

#5 ·
GD - I think his point is that babies dont necessarily turn up on schedule like a train. Well, a train anywhere else but England.

I'm sure you have someone else with your wife in case there is a problem.

Sorry - I cant help with the lift, but I hope you get there and enjoy your evening.

#6 · (Edited)
And again, like I said, you don't know me or my wife, so don't be so quick to judge. The other guy made it sound like I am some dead-beat dad, and I don't appreciate it...AT ALL.

Yes, I know babies don't arrive on schedule when you are going with natural child birth. But, when you have a C section planned three weeks early, it's pretty safe to say the baby won't be early, nor late.

And, while there may not be anyone here in the house, should she actually go into labor that early, there will be two neighbors within easy reach by telephone, one of which is an RN who also has experience working in the OB area of the hosptital, so my wife is in GOOD hands.

I didn't think I had to divuldge this much information into my personal life, but you guys seem to want to talk about it, so there you go.

And I don't need a lift, I was just looking for someone that wanted to hang out with me so I wasn't left trying to fit into converstations in Japanese about my father-in-laws company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.