GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just had my GTR in for an MOT and everything was fine apart from emissions!!!!:chairshot :chairshot :chairshot
Seems the lowest CO he could get was 4.5% vol....HC was a nice 295ppm.
Anyway, car is an '89 32GTR with a decat. MOT chap mentioned that putting a cat back on for the test would solve the problem...
However MY problem is that I have no Cat to use and would ask anyone if they could spare a known good one for a day or two???
Local pickup would be better but I would obviously pay postage to cover costs should anyone have one they wish to lend me.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi, just had my GTR in for an MOT and everything was fine apart from emissions!!!!:chairshot :chairshot :chairshot
Seems the lowest CO he could get was 4.5% vol....HC was a nice 295ppm.
Anyway, car is an '89 32GTR with a decat. MOT chap mentioned that putting a cat back on for the test would solve the problem...
However MY problem is that I have no Cat to use and would ask anyone if they could spare a known good one for a day or two???
Local pickup would be better but I would obviously pay postage to cover costs should anyone have one they wish to lend me.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Scott IIRC my cat is in the boot of my car down at RB Motorsport, only problem is Im not due to pick up the car yet :( If you know any one visiting RB from your neck of the wood's your more than welcome to borrow it. Let me know and I'll warn them. Kevin

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin, I'll keep that in mind.

Scott

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yeah....she's white/black, long haired, about 5 years old.....called Kooks :)

hehehehe

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's, managed to get a cat sorted out.
Cheers.....

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would have thought your car being an '89 would be prior to the CAT's and emmissons law. For some reason I think car's prior to 1992 didn't have CAT's and are therefore excempt from the emissons test ?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts