GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking this w/end for car seat for my 3yr old to fit into the gtr...
went into halfords tried the one from the owners manual a britax duo plus with isofix and we were not happy with its fit. it was secure at the base but had a big gap behind the vertical part of the seat and therefore rocked about a bit.

any others we tried ended up with buckle crunch where the buckle rubbed against the plastics of the seat and was in risk of shattering the plastic in a crash rather than pulling on the belts.

has anyone else found a seat the fits well into the gtr that will take your 3yr olds.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a maxi cosi Toby. Fits fine. Funnily enough the most limiting factor on this one seems to nbe the length of the belt. Just fits. Daughter (fairly tall 2,5 year old) fits fine although passengers chair has to go forward quite a bit. And shoes on for my daughter is a no!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've seen a thread on the forum awhile ago that was discussing how well the baby seats from the Porsche (cars) range fitted really well in the back and also the colouring was a very close match to the black edition red/black mix

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone great info and links.

spoke to Briax today who have not tested their seats in the R35 so im amazed at how nissan can recommend Britax Duo plus seats in their owners manual when its not even been tested by the seat producer....thats just wrong.!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new news via middlehurst's today.....thank you to them...

The info in the owners manual about using a britax seat is out of date/incorrect.

Nissan Europe suggest using the MT Motor Traveller system via Car Boot Liners, Car Boot Liner, Car Boot Liners suppliers, Boot Liners.

Fair G/01 ISOFIX Safety Seat with isofix frame to suit. for my 2.5 yr old.

Will try one and let you know how it suits.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update....tried a maxi cosy toby seat today and its a lovely fit...not isofix but sits well with the belts....my wife was using it in her GTI golf so we took it out and tried it. Saved buying a new seat so im well chuffed.

Anyone having problems give it a try.

·
Registered
164 Posts
2 plus 2 plus 2

I managed to get 2 kids and 2 dogs in my twin turbo rocket over the weekend.

The older kid was in the recaro iso fix seat and the younger one is the huge maxi cosi iso fix that also has a bar that comes down at the front to the floor.

All fitted in and managed to prove to the wife that it can be a family car, if ever needed (hopefully never again). We did 250 miles like that and all comfortable and the babes slept.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I managed to get 2 kids and 2 dogs in my twin turbo rocket over the weekend.

The older kid was in the recaro iso fix seat and the younger one is the huge maxi cosi iso fix that also has a bar that comes down at the front to the floor.
Hi - could you post a picture with everything installed in the back please?

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Do any of these seats sit directly on the seat base, without pressing into the leather that surrounds the seat? I'm concerned about wear on the leather.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I posted this on another thread:
I'm 6ft4", my wife is 5ft7". I took the whole family out today and we all fitted in the gtr with no problems at all.
I was driving, my 3 yr old son sat in the back behind me on a Britax car seat, my wife in the passenger seat with our 5 month old in a rear facing maxi-cosi car seat behind her.
No problems!!!
Plus a nice size boot for the tandem buggy and days luggage :)
The only thing I did was take my sons shoes off so he didn't kick the leather seat to bits!

Both the above seats sit directly on the seat base, without rubbing on the leather sides. All I did was put a towel under the baby seats to stop them rubbing on the leather. there is no risk of the baby seats 'submarining' in an accident as they are held in place by isofix or seat belt and jammed towards the front seats.
I can post pics of the two baby seats in the car but not till Wednesday. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I can post pics of the two baby seats in the car but not till Wednesday. Hope that helps.
Some pics would be great. Thanks for the offer.

Can you tell me the model name/number of your Britax seat? I presume it's not the Britax Duo Plus that Wheels was disappointed with?

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Best thing, pop into your local BMW dealer and get a "Junior Isofix" child seat. I had two of these from when my lad was 3 through to now, nearly 7. They fit into everything, including Porsche 996 & 997's. even fit into my 996 GT2 clubsport bucket seats. Perfect!

I think they cost around £265.:smokin:

·
Registered
640 Posts

Some images of forward and rear facing seats, both very secure, showing leg room in the front as well. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi mate,got an isofix in mine for my two year old,will repost when i can find the name of it,my little man loves it!!!think you need those sraps that clip on it to stop it coming forward though!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Car seat

Right,the car seat was from babies are us(part of toys r us )and it's a brittax kiddifix,it's isofix and for ages 4plus,but our two year old can go in it as it's based on weight not age,weird I know,but our two year old fits in it a dream,always take his shoes off though ,to avoid scratchy back seats!!!!hop this helps.tim

1 - 20 of 38 Posts