GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
not seen many far off standard... I have a forge headertank and painted engine cover :) might get a custom engine cover and intakes done, but not a big deal. Wouldnt mind seeing whats been done....

I think JamiePs engine bay looked quite decent.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/173244-r35-engine-bay-pictures.html

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not seen many far off standard... I have a forge headertank and painted engine cover :) might get a custom engine cover and intakes done, but not a big deal. Wouldnt mind seeing whats been done....

I think JamiePs engine bay looked quite decent.
any links to his engine bay and have you any pics of your bay?

i have a vision of doing something thats never been done.

i feel I've come to the end of the road with my evo so time to try something new

·
Registered
4,271 Posts

Hope that gives you an idea.
Personally feel you can't do much to the bay, not like you could the rb26, Evo or Cossy.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hope that gives you an idea.
Personally feel you can't do much to the bay, not like you could the rb26, Evo or Cossy.
like the carbon bits and you have samco sport hoses and hks mixed. may get a pas tank made up and new hard pipes thats when i make the jump over from this

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
So much more you can dress with the Evo/cosworth/skyline.

Personally not a fan of dressed engine bays but can appreciate the time and effort that goes into them.
That being said, I really like a tucked engine bay job.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So much more you can dress with the Evo/cosworth/skyline.

Personally not a fan of dressed engine bays but can appreciate the time and effort that goes into them.
That being said, I really like a tucked engine bay job.
i see theres not much can be done with a gtr but ill not be beaten and i have a vision which involves a black car and I'm not a fan of black cars but they look awesome polished up

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
i see theres not much can be done with a gtr but ill not be beaten and i have a vision which involves a black car and I'm not a fan of black cars but they look awesome polished up
Geof, the paint on the early black cars is so soft, it will make you cry. I know Ive had one. You can literally scratch the car with your finger if there is a bit on dirt on it. Didn't bother me so much as Im not a polisher, but Id imagine it would drive you mad

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
They do look amazing when polished but a real pain to keep clean and as said the paint is like butter!

I use snow foam, two bucket method with a lambswool mit and de-ionised water on mine and i still have to spend 2 days a year polishing to keep it loiking good!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
like the carbon bits and you have samco sport hoses and hks mixed. may get a pas tank made up and new hard pipes thats when i make the jump over from this

geoff could you fit any more stuff under there lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
In the making..

JCR Carbon Fibre Intake System and JCR Carbon Fibre Coolant Tank.

Pics below show CAD and 3D printed mock up parts, final pieces soon.

This along with various other JCR products in development should make for a really nice clean and functional look under the bonnet.

Cheers

Jonny

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts