GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for gtr 32

not really that interested in getting power fc, etc....
just want a plug and play chip....

however,...rk, nor abbey do the chip, so if i cant find one i will HAVE to go power fc....

soooooo anyone got one??/?

carl

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
chip ?

By that you mean a replacement ROM ?

I've got a Mine VX rom from my R32GTR (well it's still in it but unplugged at the moment) that I've just replaced with Power FC actually....runs 0.85 bar

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snowfiend

please tell me more....

the replacement rom, or chip as its know to anyone who owns a ps2 and gran tourismo,...lmao...

its set for .85 bar, and does it just plug in and off you go, or is there more to it than that????

ive recently crossed over to the dark side after years of cosworth ownership, and the nissans seem to be so much more effort to get good gee gees from,..lol...

carl

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have a complete ECU from my R32... was running with 550 injectors and big cams to hurl the 32 at the horizon....

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I'm no expert mate....my Skyline only landed in the UK about 5 weeks ago !

I'll leave one of the other, more experienced guys to comment on whether you can just plug and go !

I think it'll still need mapping (fuel/air ratios) ?

I also dunno if you shoudl really have and exhaust and filter kit too ?

Like I said I'm still learning myself, that's why I leave it to Abbey Motorsport to sort out...LOL.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks for the quick...ish replies...lol....makes a change to waiting 3 days...lmao....

sooo, as im a novice to the gtr world, i want to know the quickest and cheapest way to 400 hp...

i belive this is when you have to start uprating lots,....is this right....????

any help is much appreciated

edit to say,....it has big stinless exhaust on it,...brand is some japanese make, and i cant read jap....

carl

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
You're safeset bet is to go for an aftermarket ECU. You'll get more bang for your buck and safely too!

The jump to stage 1 from a standard engine will put a huge grin on your face!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeay

correct,..it is a kakimoto.....well done
polished up right nice,..lol

im after the most power i can get without having to change air flow meter, cams,..etc...etc...

carl

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Kakimoto are a good make.

Stage 1 is essentially exhaust inc down pipes, filters, boost controller and ECU (boost up'd)

Think this gives about 350BHP at the fly.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Hmmmmm.....thinking about it now, they're 280 Brake at the hubs as standard aint they, So yeah gotta be over 300 with stage 1.

Mine made 341 @ hubs with this plus ARC front mount, Cams and 1 bar boost.

·
Registered
932 Posts
We can offer realtime mapping of the R32 ECU which will be better than any chip you can buy. It basicly allows us to do a complete custom map to your car just like you would with a powerfc but without the cost :)

Richard

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We can offer realtime mapping of the R32 ECU which will be better than any chip you can buy. It basicly allows us to do a complete custom map to your car just like you would with a powerfc but without the cost :)

Richard

ok,....

and without the price?????

pm me details if you could,....

also, anyone else with chips/ecu s for sale please could you pm me details...
thanks

carl

·
Registered
150 Posts
i want to know the quickest and cheapest way to 400 hp...

carl
Abbey can also perform their black art with the existing chip - what I think they term a piggy back EEPROM upgrade ..allows mapping to higher boost settings :D .

Mine has over 400 at the flywheel 370 at hubs from an R33 GTR engine running standard internals and injectors :thumbsup:

with the following additions :-

Trust down pipes
Abbey De-Cat
Full Magnex Race System Exhaust
Universal Upgraded Stage 2 Hybrid Turbos,
steel internals,
360 degree bearings,
machined out housings.
Iridium Plugs
Full Set Spitfire Coils
Apexi Induction Kit
GTR intercooler
FSE Fuel Pressure Regulator
Uprated fuel pump
HKS EVC 5 Boost control ... blah blah ..
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally Posted by carlsworth
i want to know the quickest and cheapest way to 400 hp...

thanks for the input pal, and although the tubos could be rebuilt for cheap....i e, i dont pay myself labour,..lmao,..., but the rest still is going towards the money pit side of it,....

i dont want to get caught up in the "tuning" side of it really, s it never ever stops....
just want quick reliable car for cheapo money....: )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts