GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 59 gtr with 33k miles on it and I am interested in the warranty that 'warranty direct' do. It's £1750 per annum. Has anyone got this or have looked into it?

'Most of all - is it worth it??

·
Registered
241 Posts
I looked at Warranty Direct but they didn't provide cover for audio/media systems. I went with Warranty Wise as they cover pretty much everything, barring obvious things like tyres, etc. The cost per claim is capped depending on how much you want to spend on the warranty but they offer unlimited claims up to the total cost of the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have not got it on my car, but I own a garage. What I can tell you is I won't even bother to repair car with Warrenty Direct any more.

I waste loads of time looking at it, estimating, then it gets rejected for some bullshit reason.

From what I read on here, Litchfield warrenty is the best, I would go with that.

Jason.

·
Registered
117 Posts
To my supprise Warranty Direct have authorised and paid (I have a copy of the cheque) for a replacement gearbox at just under £22K. They were easy to deal with and very helpful. I have replaced a couple of wheel bearings and power steering pipes and they have paid up. They normally get the owner to pay me and then reinburse them but have done a direct payment for the gearbox.

John

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
They will quite often pay out after refusal, but you have to argue about it.
The default position of the company is "no".

It's a business and that's how they make money...

We had a failed wiper linkage on a 3.5 year old car.
They of course said no, said it's wear and tear.
We pointed out the milage was 16k and argued.
They said yes.

·
Vendor
6,199 Posts
Try the Litchfield warranty £995 per annum, and Litchfields are a very reputable and knowledgeable bunch to deal with

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Try the Litchfield warranty £995 per annum, and Litchfields are a very reputable and knowledgeable bunch to deal with
:thumbsup:

Bobby

·
Registered
888 Posts
I thought i'd go with someone reputable & trusted, so I also went for Litchfield's warranty.
Mine is a late MY10, so it cost £1200. But it stays at this price for subsequent years when I renew :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Is that an old out of date price? Mine's 1 year old and going their tomorrow for a warranty at £1200, I was told that's the starting price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts