GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys looking for a little help(r32 gtr)

I have installed a stack oil temperature sensor and today i tried to fit it where the factory oil pressure sensor is(next to oil filter) after i removed it i realised that the stack gauge had a 1/8 ntp fitting and the factory one was i think m10x1.25

Has anyone found adaptor so that the stack gauge can be installed in the factory hole?

Also am i correct in thinking the factory sensor thread is m10x1.25 thread?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hi guys looking for a little help(r32 gtr)

I have installed a stack oil temperature sensor and today i tried to fit it where the factory oil pressure sensor is(next to oil filter) after i removed it i realised that the stack gauge had a 1/8 ntp fitting and the factory one was i think m10x1.25

Has anyone found adaptor so that the stack gauge can be installed in the factory hole?

Also am i correct in thinking the factory sensor thread is m10x1.25 thread?
Just junked my oil filter assembly and re-located the standard oil temp switch and you're right its m10x1.25 so one of these should do the job for you 1/8" NPT Female To M10x1.25 Male Reducer Oil Pressure Gauge Adapter Black | eBay

Cheers
Stu

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
So in my investigation to get the oil temp gauge working I'm faced with a similar problem.

I have fitted an oil filter cooler and relocation so this meant to get rid of the standard oil filter housing which contains the oil temp sensor.

On the oil filter relocation there are two holes. I've got a standard oil temp sensor and it doesn't fit in the hole. So do I need the above adapter to make it fit? Such a headache. I take it I'll have to extend the sensor wire as well, green and yellow?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
You could do as you suggest but some other thoughts:

Fit a sandwich plate under the take off unit. Might be hard to get access/space for this though.

Use something like this Mocal Temperature Gauge Adaptors - Demon Tweeks and fit it in-line on the take off hose. I think you could probably tuck it pretty close to the oem location. Might be the easiest option by just adding a shortish section of pipe off the take off plate, then the in-line adaptor then the current pipe (i.e. that which is attached to the take off plate currently).

·
Registered
494 Posts
I thought on a nissan it was M10x1mm . I could be wrong but I do own a m10x1mm tap and a 1/8ntp tap and they a very close

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I thought on a nissan it was M10x1mm . I could be wrong but I do own a m10x1mm tap and a 1/8ntp tap and they a very close
Na I've done a lot of searching and it says the factory oil temp sensor is m12*1.25... So will the above adapter work? I've searched the internet high and low and that's the only site that sells it.

Unless someone can make me one. I don't have a tap and die set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts