GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having thoughts again of finally getting an exhaust, and have heard quite some good things about the Armytrix system, youtube vids are very hard to determine real sound and quality.

Do any of you wonderful owners have the system?

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Dont get the titanium system,what matthewk did.I see pictures of the exhaust after one trackday and it looked like a bomb had exploded in one off the sliencers lol
I've seen it as well, they said it wasnt designed to be on heavy load, aka track with the pipes closed doh!... :confused:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well plans are now on hold for the exhaust since my Audio on the MFD failed today, as Balotelli says "why always me" :(

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Well plans are now on hold for the exhaust since my Audio on the MFD failed today, as Balotelli says "why always me" :(
r35audio.com have an good alternative that I think use's the mfd as well.. search on here, Andy from r35audio.com posted about it :D top guy as well, He has done some bits for me :D

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Oh dear, sorry to hear that I guess yours is a Nav Model?. With so many failing alternative fixes must be in the pipeline...

Mind you i would be glad if mine went, I made the mistake of loading the frozen CD. Now i have my 5 and 2 year old girls insisting on it full blast on every journey......

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a 59 plate nav model (white as well) and mfd failer is my main concern more so than engine or gearbox. I have nissan warranty for next 11 months so if it goes hope it in this timescale. I would take out litchfield warranty next time but don't think it covers mfd. As said above would think/hope there is a fix soon.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I checked out the Armytrix... was told they no longer do the SS only the titanium... it was over £5k for a system

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ah shame about the mfd failure :/ hope it gets sorted mate..

I personally am not a fan of the armytrix..

Have been looking for an exhaust recently aswell and decided to go with 102mm GTC Titan with cast downpipes (All non res) :D Sounds 10x better than armytrix and nowhere near the ridiculous price

Cant wait to put em on next month..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was told strictly to stay away from GTC due to the sheer amount of fitting issues, I have only seen one GTC in real life and that was lop sided at the back, so GTC is out the window for me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Who told you that..? lol i spoke to Litchfield today and they assured me there are no fitting issues with this exhaust.. Also the supplier told me that it fits straight on, no cutting required..

I know about 4 GTR owners that have it on, sounds absolutely epic and a lot less drone than my stock system + milltek res y-pipe..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ah shame about the mfd failure :/ hope it gets sorted mate..

I personally am not a fan of the armytrix..

Have been looking for an exhaust recently aswell and decided to go with 102mm GTC Titan with cast downpipes (All non res) :D Sounds 10x better than armytrix and nowhere near the ridiculous price

Cant wait to put em on next month..
Why not the Litchfields 102mm??

I like the Akarpovic Evo system,but its a bit pricey.Im going to wait till next year till i do the exhaust now,put a few miles on it first.Then i will decide,but im struck on the Akarpovic :chuckle:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well mainly because i wanted the titanium exhaust and i dont believe there is a Litchfield Ti system. With Titanium system its all about the quality and GTC are one of the best ones.. Also sounds absolutely mental !

I feel the Akrapovic on the GTR is a bit overpriced.. Sounds pretty nice, but not that special.. I do love those carbon tips though lol

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I had the akra with oem dp, and it was nice.. Went with a full 102 litcho system with dps and it sounded good, recently got the unresonated y-pipe (doesn't scrape now) and it sounds spot on now. Underpasses and tunnels are :runaway: but on idle its not too intrusive.

If akra did a 102 ti system.. it'd be :flame:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts