GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one and fitted it as its just plug and play but no 4 lights light up when braking with the lights in off position, if i put side lights on the outer 2 light and the inner ones light up only when you brake, can anyone advise on this, i have emailed GTC so waiting for there reply.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the wire loom off then tested it, it made no difference put it back on still no difference, perhaps there is something wrong in the little black box it comes with, the normal running lights are side lights on means outer ones lit up when you brake the inner ones light up, with the harness fitted makes know difference reacts the same.i thought all 4 would light up with no side lights on.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
The only thing it is designed to do is light up all 4 when the sidelights or main lights are on. Only the inner two (and the high level one in the spoiler) will shine brighter under braking.

IF all 4 do not light up when the sidelights are on, then there is a fault either with the unit or the installation.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I believe this is how it should work;

Brake Lights only - No Sidelights

Sidelights only - No Brakes

Sidelights On - With Brakes On

Please correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope mine do that with side lights on the brake lights are not on at all, i cannot get all 4 lights to light up with the side lights on, they only light up all 4 when you brake, there must be something wrong with the wire loom.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a fault in the loom so will be sending it back for replacement.

Bobby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts