GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Wow, thats impressive!!

i assume there is a list of optional extra parts that could be specced on the 32 from the factory?? Is there one available anywhere??

It'd be an interesting read!...especially with wierd and wacky stuff like this and the odd green light roof panel and bumper things that we were all trying to identify a few years back!!

The Japanese car manufacturers were nothing if not innovative back in the 80's/90's..

TT

·
Vendor
12,625 Posts
we had one in a stock gtr a while back and it still worked. Great for keeping your beer cool

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Does it wire in or is it essentially an insulated box? Did they do winter pack and summer packs on the cars? I remember reading about it somewhere but can't remember if it was 32 or not?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Does it wire in or is it essentially an insulated box? Did they do winter pack and summer packs on the cars? I remember reading about it somewhere but can't remember if it was 32 or not?
From the pic it appears that there is some cold air feed (the two insulated rings) but no wires.

TT

·
Registered
25,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not an uncommon thing to get in JP but they fetch good money

no wires

bit like the civic type R - when at dealers they advertised a "cool box" -i ordered one, was basically a plastic box but not fridge type.

it did work tho.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Love this rare OEM stuff.
I read the OEM accessoires catalog a while ago. There are so much great parts in it, it's a shame most of them aren't availible anymore, not even used parts.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice, appears to have been a relatively low cost option circa £50 when you were ticking the extras box back then..

What sort of price do they go for now?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I've always wanted the centre console drinks holder for the R32.
I missed out on one that was auctioned in NZ a while back, and kinda kicked myself for letting it go.

·
Registered
408 Posts
WOW, thanks for the link...very informative!!

That isnt remote central locking at no.61????

Or
Parking senors at no.35???

Some eye-opening stuff there i must say!!!!

TT
35 is a jdm parking pole i think. It's like a little "electric antenna" coming out of the bumper to see the corner of the car from the drivers seat.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I've always wanted the centre console drinks holder for the R32.
I missed out on one that was auctioned in NZ a while back, and kinda kicked myself for letting it go.
I have one and to be honest it's not really strong enough to put any drinks in, it is a nicer height for the elbow rest though!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts