GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought - there are quite a few of us with our cars now across the NW. I'm sure that of the hundreds of cars shipped out from Middlehursts not all of them have gone south! (or further North for that matter).

So assuming there are quite a number in the Manchester, Liverpool, Cheshire zone would any of you be interested in a weekend meet before the really nasty weather gets started?

Expressions of interest and suggestions for a suitable venue (might I suggest a family friendly pub?) would be most welcome!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeh could be interested in this seeing as i'm picking up my car next week.

Although it wont be ready to drive for two weeks :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
;) technically you can drive it straight off the forecourt, but you have to wait well into the run-in period before you can DRIVE it !!

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you look in the meetings and events section you`ll notice there `s been loads of north-west meets,in fact there was one last weekend;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
;) technically you can drive it straight off the forecourt, but you have to wait well into the run-in period before you can DRIVE it !!
Well its more to do with the fact that im not 25 for another two weeks, then i'll be able to drive it. :clap:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look in the meetings and events section you`ll notice there `s been loads of north-west meets,in fact there was one last weekend;)

OOps missed that one - but Loads??? - I've scanned the meets section from time to time and haven't seen anything within 100 miles of me (except for last weekends).

Did it go ahead? are there any pictures posted anywhere? and I see from that thread that there's talk of an October session - is that still likely?

·
Registered
492 Posts
There are quite often NW meets and we move around location a bit to keep people happy. There is also the Muscrat meets near Warrington first Monday (IIRC) of every month which is a Jap car meet and pretty good.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I used to go to Muscrat way back, but Monday nights is no good for me now, plus it's much better to take pictures in daylight!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
well we did have a rep... but he has disappeared for ages... so what i did for last months meet was copied the one of skylineowners n slapped it on here... so dont know if u want me to do that again when there is anothe meet coming up?....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
theres a 8 or 9 of us from the 300zx club having a meet and dyno at TDI in warrington on the 14th november if anyones interested? will be more than welcome and were then going to mascrat for some lunch :)

if anyones interested in going on the dyno theres 3 or 4 places left so let me know

Mike

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's not a bad idea. Bit of parking at TDi and Muscrat is very car friendly once again.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Just a thought - there are quite a few of us with our cars now across the NW. I'm sure that of the hundreds of cars shipped out from Middlehursts not all of them have gone south! (or further North for that matter).

So assuming there are quite a number in the Manchester, Liverpool, Cheshire zone would any of you be interested in a weekend meet before the really nasty weather gets started?

Expressions of interest and suggestions for a suitable venue (might I suggest a family friendly pub?) would be most welcome!
Keep your eyes peeled her mate. Will have something sorted very soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
He is indeed & has meetings for 2010 up his sleeve people so keep an eye out for his posts :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
agreed, but i think most of the meets pack up for the winter months and tuck their toys away... me, i want to play all the time! :D

anyone up for a track day?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i know well i dont think there gonna be anythin till at least january etc because of xmas.... well depending on what everyone wnats to do am sure we could get ben to sort something out like that :D...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.