GTR Forum banner

Anyone Interested

980 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  chris200+ 
hello chaps
I've had some serious interest in making the 19th may at alconbury a select day only, with maybe 200+, GTI-rs, and Skyline (via Guy).
this may well be on, i will be speaking to my event chap tonight, and will get back to you.
even if its not, it wont be opened to anyone other than the usual suspects, ie skyline, gti0r, scooby, evo etc.
probably a perfect test day before Julys big one. i was getting a lot of disapointed people from 200+ as limiting it to ten cars is hard! to say people are keen is an understatement.

Elvington sept/oct

this one again could be made 200+ club and skyline only, if need be, prob £70 per car for a track and a top speed event. having now spoken to the porsche owner who did the 243.6mph there, it would appear he ran out of braking and slid/went up the grass bank at the end. no major damage but he did say he would use a speed trap at a shorter distance next time!
the runway is exactly 2.54miles apparently, and he says its much better than bruntingthorpe, being perfectly flat, and reasonably smooth, with little in the way of stones/chips. his attempt was an official one for the guiness records etc.
the best bet for this one would be to probably have at least 1/2 mile braking, leaving at most 2miles for the run, maybe less. the trap could be moved down the runway if required, if we had left too much braking distance!!!

i will get back to you with further details on all these, but the database is open and waiting for people for the 19th may at alconbury.
regards
chris m

just a bit more info re : the top ten day in july.
i have also organised a proper video film crew to be there making a top quality video of the day, with some on board footage of all (if poss), or most of the big spec cars there. interviews with people, in-car footage and external shots etc. Hopefully trying to ensure all participants get featured on the video.
details will be sorted and released shortly, but the vids/dvd will be available via a website etc.
the guy organising/producing the video does it professionally and is certain to make it a top quality production. He is also bringing his Evo 6 along as is a genuine enthusiast as well. will probably do some footage on the 19th may event also, as a dry run.
rgds
chris m

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.