GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If repairing a scrape that has gone through the paint, do you have to respray the whole panel/side/car, or is it possible to repair just the scraped area?

DIY or get a bodyshop to do it? Worried about costs being astronomical and to be honest wouldn't know where to go in the London area. Have been looking at random repair threads all over the internet and it looks possible. The scrape is on the rear quarter panel, also has a slight dent that needs pulling out, colour midnight purple LP2. Any ideas?

Re the dent... get the "weld on stick things and puller kit", try to push it out from inside the panel and fill, or just leave it to a pro?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Where in London?

CNC Coachworks in Walthamstow do all my fleet prangs and my own cars too.
In 30+ jobs I had one issue which was quickly rectified for free, so I'd be happy to suggest them.

020 8520 5994

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks very much for the quick response.

Out of interest (PM me if not happy to put these up) but do you have any example costs for various jobs?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Awesome, thanks very much for the quick response.

Out of interest (PM me if not happy to put these up) but do you have any example costs for various jobs?

Thanks again.
I'd just get a quote off them and see what you think.
I have had loads of things done from wheel arch scrapes, sills pushed in, accident damage (mine and fleet) plus my wife's occasional reversing into something.

All my paperwork is in the office and I'm not back until the 3rd January.
Mention Richard from Fox and Colin will know it's a reccomendation and you should get a decent price.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
The dent isnt as much of a problem as the scratch

some solid colours be repaired successfully over a small area but they are much easier to match than mettalics.

Then there is pearls and then there is midnight purple (unfortunately not at all easy to match ).

To get a match you will need a v good painter with the right paint and equipment,
So if you are near CT17s reccomnded garage Id go there first

Im afraid spaying nidnight purple isnt going to be cheap and you need the right paint to get a decent match

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, well I'll give them a call ASAP and see what they say. Thanks for the recommendation.

I had a horrible feeling midnight purple would be a pain :( Oh well.

·
Registered
895 Posts
We also do a lot with company's like iColors.
They offer Spotrepair services which (as long as it isn't pearl effect paint) just that area that is damaged.

What they basically do is they clear the spot and everything around it, do a colorscan, hen mask off a slightly bigger area than they actually have to spray so they can repair the actual spot, and flow a bit of new paint on the parts direclty around it so the colour difference is kept to a minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts