GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See title.

Trying to disconnect passenger air bag without turning on airbag light but need to know resistor required.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had this done at Litchfield last week.

the answer is 2.2 Ohms.

I supplied 2.7 Ohms as that's all Maplin had. Litchfield installed them for me, (two required for passenger airbag) and they work a treat.

No airbag warning light and no chance of the airbag firing at my children when sitting in the front seat.

I have not disabled the airbags in the seat as no studies have shown them to be any more dangerous for children unlike the front airbags which can kill children in boost seats because of their closer proximity to the bag.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Had this done at Litchfield last week.

the answer is 2.2 Ohms.

I supplied 2.7 Ohms as that's all Maplin had. Litchfield installed them for me, (two required for passenger airbag) and they work a treat.

No airbag warning light and no chance of the airbag firing at my children when sitting in the front seat.

I have not disabled the airbags in the seat as no studies have shown them to be any more dangerous for children unlike the front airbags which can kill children in boost seats because of their closer proximity to the bag.
I may be mistaken but I thought I'd read you can switch off somewhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts