GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Everytime I see aftermarket wheels on a BB R34 they never seem to look as good as the originals. Don't get me wrong the wheels you have chosen look excellent off the car, and not too bad on it; but just not as good as the standard ones.

I have come to the conclusion that is the colour of the wheels that doesn't quite look right with Bayside Blue. I think silver is just too bright. Although I am not sure these BBS wheels would look right in anthracite either.

I am not helping am I? :rolleyes:

;)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I have to agree with Philip on the SE37s. They have grown on me lately...

If I personally had to upgrade wheels I would never go for a heavier set than the stock ones(9.2kgs). Some of those split BBS wheels weigh up to 12.5~13kgs...and to me that is just an expensive way to kill performance.:rolleyes:

SE37 on BB R34 (- 1kg from standard!) Uhmmm yummi!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ripspeed are officail suppliers of BBS, will also price match anyoffer and if anything goes wrong theres a halfords store everywhere, saves dealing with a mail order company as u never get the back up as its all through the post!

I'm a ripspeed dude at chester if anyone wants a good deal. Also 10% off package deals at the moment, and others may say ripspeed are pricey which they are on some things they are, but these places that say they do them cheaper always negate to add postage which can be upto £100 or £200 or some packages such as OZ to make it the same price as everywhere else if not more! :p

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just an info

Hi,

All the BBS wheels for Japanese market are made in Japanese underlicenced manufacturer.
So you'd better to check the availability in the UK.
For example, I cannot see "BBS RGR" in the UK BBS website.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ive ordered some in the past for a Supra and a eunos roadster

then again they are both cars that are made in Britain so difficult to tell

The Roadster being the MX5 by the way

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Cem,

My apologies if i am mistaken, but i thought you had some aftermarket wheels on your 34 ? I certainly remember seeing some on your car at a past grasshopper meet - as i liked the colour coding done on the rim.

On another note, the wheels you have "photoshopped" (or whatever) onto your car look very nice. Quite a 'race-look' wheel if you ask me.

I really like the standard 34 wheels, but think aftermarket wheels can totally transform the look of the car. Glens (as an example) looks the absolute dogs danglies with the wheels he has on there, and i believe improves the look of the car. But you have to choose the right wheels.......

Daz

PS how'd you manage to put "morph" different wheels on ? I've tried plenty of times in PSP 7, but have never managed to get it to look right !

·
Registered
997 Posts
Cem Shin & all

Tim of SVS is an Official BBS Dealer.

He speaks DIRECT to the Factory,phone him,tell him I sent you and get that all important discount;)

Cem the number is;01483 285657

He is the UK main dealer for Trust,GReddy,Grex,Alcon and just about any make you can think of apart from Mines & HKS.And he drives a mint White R33:)

BTW Cem,I have a set of those BBS wheels in 18inch that you show on your motor in my garage with a huge set of Abbey Motorsport slicks on them,I can`t wait to use them.:cool:

Henry. (Forum Model);)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks, Henry,

Cool, thank you for your info.
By the way, for additional info, Mine's has just started delivery of BBS RE Magnesium wheels.
10.2 x 18", Offset:18, Hole:5, PCD:114.3
Price: 183,000JPY per wheel (Air freight and VAT are exclusive.)

Yours,
Shin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts