GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to do this myself, just wanted see if there was any special thing you had to do for the GTR? if anyone has a video or PDF of the procedure would be brilliant.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that its good on the front discs, but also need info on the rear because of the built in liners for the hand brake.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Not being condensing but this is brakes, if you need to ask should you really be doing the job, put it this way if you took it to a garage and they said we will get on it as soon as we look on google to get instructions would you feel comfortable?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im very confident in doing myself having built racing Cosworth engines in my youth, I know a lot about engines, its just I have not worked on the rear braking system on my car and it has the hand brake disc inside of the rear disc, something I have not come across before, surly there is some info on it somewhere, or is it a secret?

Bobby

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
When you take the rear wheel off, on the face of the hub part of disc there is a rubber grommet, get it to like 11 O clock on pass side (1 O clock on drivers), remove it, look through it with a pen torch and you should see a star shaped cog, using a screw driver rotate it with an up/down movement, you should feel the disc turn easier, this is de-adjusting the handbrake shoes from memory the pass side you flick it up and opposite on drivers till the disc rotates really free, then pull disc of. To refit do opposite, place disc back on and adjust till disc is solid then click back till it rotates.
Do not force disc off it will break the shoe retaining pins

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Could***8217;nt really get a much more simpler setup.

If you need any pics I have a few sets of rear hubs in various stages as a guide, just message me on 07860299991 and I***8217;ll send them over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts