GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
They are special order and around 3-4 months I believe and there wont be any unreg'd vehicles imho.

That lead time will be variable so calling a dealer is the best option

·
Registered
82 Posts
Special order only, apparently.

I ordered a TE last month - for delivery in September.

FWIW: Ultimate Silver, carbon bootlid, still to confirm seat choice. Not sure if any of the options will have delayed that date, or if it was more to do with change to '67 registration.

Very excited :)
N.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
My Track Edition arrives next week.
As said, factory order.
They've only sold 4 or 5 so far apparently, hence they don't carry them in stock in the UK.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you 100% on silver? Personally i wouldn't do it from a resale point of view.
Not 100%, no. Could easily be nudged back towards black. But I'm not buying for resale. I suspect R36 will see a stratospheric price increase so this will be a keeper.

My previous (64 plate) GT-R was black and looked awesome .... when clean. I fancied silver because:
- it's a change from black
- looks fab with contrasting black wheeels and carbon spoiler
- should hide stone chips better

My main reservation, which applies to all track editions, is the red/black interior. If I spec the carbon seats they are all-black, which means the only red I'll have in the cabin is the contrasting stitching which is fine if you have the red and black recaros but looks a bit sh!t with all black seats.
With the result I'm exploring the fitting of Nismo GT-R seats to my car. I think the black with red alcantara will look awesome in a silver car. Downside is they're another £10k.

Thoughts welcome.
Neil.

(PS - edited for #@$&*%£&%"% autocorrect errors. It's supposed to help not hinder. Grrrrr)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not 100%, no. Could easily be nudged back towards black. But I'm not buying for resale. I suspect R36 will see a stratospheric price increase so this will be a keeper.

My previous (64 plate) GT-R was black and looked awesome .... when clean. I fancied silver because:
- it's a change from black
- looks fab with contrasting black wheeels and carbon spoiler
- should hide stone chips better

My main reservation, which applies to all track editions, is the red/black interior. If I spec the carbon seats they are all-black, which means the only red I'll have in the cabin is the contrasting stitching which is fine if you have the red and black recaros but looks a bit sh!t with all black seats.
With the result I'm exploring the fitting of Nismo GT-R seats to my car. I think the black with red alcantara will look awesome in a silver car. Downside is they're another £10k.

Thoughts welcome.
Neil.

(PS - edited for #@$&*%£&%"% autocorrect errors. It's supposed to help not hinder. Grrrrr)
As an ultimate silver owner, you really do need to appreciate how hard it is to get any paintwork done on that colour. I had a parking ding which cracked the paint on the rear arch and the body shop that Litchfield use advised me that the only way to match would be a full respray of the entire car. They would not guarantee any other work to rectify, it would be at my own risk with no come back if the match was poor.

In the end I did find someone to take on the job and got a fantastic repair done but it's not something you want any old body shop dealing with.

I'm with Adam all the way, DMG is the colour to go with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I appreciate the heads-up re dangers of silver paint. I just can't bring myself to go for DMG - too similar to my grey Golf roundabout.
Whilst the ginger paint is eye catching in the right light, it's not so eye-popping under Scottish clouds. White is a bit cliched on a GT-R (very nice though). Blue and red aren't for me either.
Which brings me to black or silver.

Or bin the idea completely and go for an M5 :-(

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks chaps

Beillynoy- instead of spending £10k on the Nismo seats why not buy the Recaro Sportster CS and retrim them for less than half the cost?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks chaps

Beillynoy- instead of spending £10k on the Nismo seats why not buy the Recaro Sportster CS and retrim them for less than half the cost?
Interesting option. Do you know where these seats might be available?
(I can probably source a retrim - there's a company near my work who do this. "Transcal" or something, I think. Or Willie Ramsay near Edinburgh)

Thanks
(And sorry for hijacking the original thread)

Neil.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting option. Do you know where these seats might be available?
(I can probably source a retrim - there's a company near my work who do this. "Transcal" or something, I think. Or Willie Ramsay near Edinburgh)

Thanks
(And sorry for hijacking the original thread)

Neil.
I believe they are readily available from any Recaro authorised dealer. Demon Tweaks (?), there's a few sellers on eBay too

Another option if you don't mind them not folding, is to get the Nismo seats out of the Juke?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Silver has grown on me recently but I still don't think I could do it. I love the DMG in my local showroom and its got the leather I want but I just feel its a bit bland in natural light.

Under showroom lights it looks amazing!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
If it's a close call with black, then I'd opt for that.

Not trying to offend anyone but if you are close to being on the fence, it will save money long term. Possibly short term too as I believe silver is a cost option.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a side point - is there a way to get the lower track edition springs to fit onto the normal MY17?

I'm sure they will not disrupt the suspension too much, but benefit from the lower stance of the Track Edition cars

1 - 20 of 38 Posts