1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Check that the vin has a 12 in it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Exactly the same as mine. (Except colour of course)

Mine was first registered in late dec 09.
When the ad says full 2010 spec I think he simply means "sat nav"
To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between a 59 and 10 plate ecept a few thounsand pound difference in price....

I'm sure someone will correct me though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Oh .....and some carbon wrapping on the centre console. Think that started on the MY11.

again please correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly the same as mine. (Except colour of course)

Mine was first registered in late dec 09.
When the ad says full 2010 spec I think he simply means "sat nav"
To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between a 59 and 10 plate ecept a few thounsand pound difference in price....

I'm sure someone will correct me though.
Thanks bud

So Im assuming that a late dec 09 car (like yours and the one Im viewing later) also has the iPod connectivity?

I know that the march 2010 onwards had a power hike to 485 bhp, upgraded satnav (high res screen) and stereo additional vents in diffuser for better gearbox cooling, and improved gearbox bushing/mounts.

So for me the above is minor as the car is already @ Litchfiekd stage 1 and as I understand it the additional vent for gearbox cooling is handy for track days allowing you to stay on track longer (im not planning on regular track days) Is there really a huge visible difference in the screen res???

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well I didn't know that.

The screen is clear enough for me and the resolution looks brilliant.

its fully bluetooth compatible for hands free. I use samsung so couldnt say about ipods/iphones

There is a usb port and my sister im law did pair her iphone to the system to play music. Not sure if that answers your question.

sat nav is brilliant with live traffic reports.

I've tracked mine a couple times and not really noticed the gearbox temp getting really high.

·
Registered
626 Posts
With regards to power

I'm stock with a y-pipe ( for sound ) and reeled in an MY13 last saturday. I was really surprised..... but not as surprised as he was ......

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Thanks bud

So Im assuming that a late dec 09 car (like yours and the one Im viewing later) also has the iPod connectivity?

I know that the march 2010 onwards had a power hike to 485 bhp, upgraded satnav (high res screen) and stereo additional vents in diffuser for better gearbox cooling, and improved gearbox bushing/mounts.

So for me the above is minor as the car is already @ Litchfiekd stage 1 and as I understand it the additional vent for gearbox cooling is handy for track days allowing you to stay on track longer (im not planning on regular track days) Is there really a huge visible difference in the screen res???
You have learnt well!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I only found out via Henry and also reading an Evo buying guide:thumbsup:

I guessed the screen would be good enough so no shocks there! When you say fully Bluetooth compatible can you also stream music via Bluetooth without actually having to plug in the phone or is it just a case of plugging in to the USB port. Are the live traffic reports a standard feature?

That's good to know re track days, but as I said I haven't plans to track.....Yet!!!!!!:D

Well I didn't know that.

The screen is clear enough for me and the resolution looks brilliant.

its fully bluetooth compatible for hands free. I use samsung so couldnt say about ipods/iphones

There is a usb port and my sister im law did pair her iphone to the system to play music. Not sure if that answers your question.

sat nav is brilliant with live traffic reports.

I've tracked mine a couple times and not really noticed the gearbox temp getting really high.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have learnt well!
Indeed I have with a stack of help and advice from you my man!!!

Just wish I was quicker and could have bought your car......Gutted:bawling::bawling::bawling:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yes I can stream music straight from my phone without even taking out of my pocket.

The sat nav live traffic is standard I think. I dont subscribe to anything. Tells me where the hold ups are and gives alternative routes. Similar to the system audi use

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah perfect then on both:thumbsup:

I have an RS4 (B7) and the earlier satnav was pretty clunky, however later versions were far better. I never use it and resort to my iPhone and google maps!!!!

Yes I can stream music straight from my phone without even taking out of my pocket.

The sat nav live traffic is standard I think. I dont subscribe to anything. Tells me where the hold ups are and gives alternative routes. Similar to the system audi use

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts

There is a sat nav update you can do...does not improve resolution but updated maps etc

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Im just off to view the GTR...
Fingers crossed as I've spoken to Litchfield's and they have given the background on the car and all stacking up, so looking very positive!!

Will update later......When I may be the latest owner of a GTR!!!!!

Thanks for all your help chaps

1 - 20 of 35 Posts