GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure we've all seen the pics of the Nissan storage facility from ages ago. I'd even forgotten about them. Then i had a flick through and saw this.

Anyone know what it is? Yes I know R32 but thats about all I can work out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ya, it would be a mule car alright. Its from the Nissan/Autech storage facility.

I just thought it looked interesting and was hoping someone might know more about it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
hhmmm

R33 suspension tops,
4-doors
Non-R32 wings
single wiper arm?

very wierd and interesting..

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Muttly, how big is your original pic? because you could try enlarging/ enhancing the second pic with photoshop till you can see the chassis number

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
ooooh i love this game:popcorn:

deffo looks like a deisel (small intercooler, possible EGR[or maybe just a recirc])

looks kinda like a v engine with a turbo on one side?!?!?!?:confused:

32 front and lights with 33 struts and wings. 4 door.

was there a 33 4 door? didnt think so?!

not sure of the shroud around the engine either.

its probably a one off nissan proto that they did just to show off.

kev

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
nope im gonna say its a 33 with 32 lights (notice the in-fill above the lights)

·
Registered
908 Posts
not a disel, as it has spark plugs, and is defo turbo too. as you can see pipes coming from the sides of the engine, and the recirculating valve on the inlet.....

looks like an vq twin turbo

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
not a disel, as it has spark plugs, and is defo turbo too. as you can see pipes coming from the sides of the engine, and the recirculating valve on the inlet.....

looks like an vq twin turbo
fair points, why cant i see spark plugs?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks like a V engine with the inlet plenem in the centre,- look at the front crankcase cover !?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Was there a diff in sump VQ? cos that ones is sitting VERY far foreward for no apparant reason.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I should point out, I don't knwo what it is hence the original question. Also the photos are not mine. They were posted sometime last year by some guy that was in the facility in Japan.

I have since found the engine to be a RWD VQ30DET. The FWD one has a different inlet, the RWD has this inlet.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Just had a quick search on google and it seems there was a 4wd VQ engine, used in the M35 stagea. So maybe thats where the engine came from? As I cant think of any reason to have a rwd block sitting so far foreward in the engine bay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts