GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm looking to go stage one now (the urge has taken over haha!) but I'm concerned about excessive droning with a non-resonated pipe, but the resonated pipe may not make much of a difference.

Basically I'm hoping that someone in the Aberdeen are or near-by has a res or non res y-pipe fitted that I could hear in person.

Cheers!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey folks,

I'm looking to go stage one now (the urge has taken over haha!) but I'm concerned about excessive droning with a non-resonated pipe, but the resonated pipe may not make much of a difference.

Basically I'm hoping that someone in the Aberdeen are or near-by has a res or non res y-pipe fitted that I could hear in person.

Cheers!
I have but I'm in South Korea at the moment. I don't find it bad at all, nice change though.

Ally

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I had the same worry, but fitted a Miltek non res Y pipe and the sound is great, not too loud, not droney at all. :)

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Im in aberdeen mate.

Had a non res Y pipe on my car with stock exhaust which was ok, sounded good. But for me it droned a bit at motorway speeds.

Happy to take you out with my new exhaust let you here that? its got a couple of small resonators and a wee silencer to keep it below track limits, but overall its louder than the stock one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be ideal, it would let me hear one that isn't stock and see how I feel about it.

I can PM you to arrange a time and place if you like?

Im in aberdeen mate.

Had a non res Y pipe on my car with stock exhaust which was ok, sounded good. But for me it droned a bit at motorway speeds.

Happy to take you out with my new exhaust let you here that? its got a couple of small resonators and a wee silencer to keep it below track limits, but overall its louder than the stock one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts