GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was driving the car yesterday and heard a piece of metal which i seemed run over. stopped and checked. saw this piece of metal. can anyone pls confirm if this is from my r34 brembos? if so, should i worry and not drive the car? maybe this is familiar to you while i havent physically checked my calipers yet.

thanks

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Looks like a pad rention clip. However it doesn't look right for the rear Brembos so might be a front item (seems too small for that though). I'm also slightly confused about the pin at the bottom of the picture.

Depending on your wheels you can probably have a looksee at the retaining clips and see if any are missing.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it seems a retention clip for me as well and i have a bad feeling it was from one of my calipers, maybe fronts as you said. while i was driving i felt and heard it was going round inside of one of the wheels. i cant check it today unfortunately. i might be able to see it without removing my wheels (ce28). thanks cris bud

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think there was another pin for the top one. the pin from the bottom is intact and tight so maybe the one from the top was loose thats why it came off (if it is from my caliper though).

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,why not take your wheels off and check if you have one missing.
hence i stated in my first and second post that i cant physically check it "yet". i obviously need to check it by removing the wheels. however looking from the outside (as Cris also suggested) is just a quick and easy option while i dont have the time. thanks for replying

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
put on some lock and get you cameraphone in there recording video and have a good "look" around

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
hence i stated in my first and second post that i cant physically check it "yet". i obviously need to check it by removing the wheels. however looking from the outside (as Cris also suggested) is just a quick and easy option while i dont have the time. thanks for replying

If you have RAC/AA cover I am sure they would check it for you.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@all

thanks everyone. unfortunately i have not checked it still as too busy at work. i will check it tomorrow properly. will update this thread tom. thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
checked it this morning. its not from the brembos, but maybe an anti-rattle shim pad from another car which i picked up and ran over. thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts